Today was better than the past two days. Probably because I feel better and because I have learned when Karla is about to "meltdown" and I can diffuse it or distract her so she gets over it more quickly.
I never knew it would be so hard to tell her "no" but I have seen how when I do it consistently (about certain things), we're both happier.
Okay moms, you were right. :)
I bought a big piece of some delicious looking chocolate cake at the "cafe" in the hotel today. I'm going to eat it now to celebrate the fact that it is Friday!! I am going to have to eat it with a baby fork though. :)
Anyone have good suggestions for trimming little fingernails and toenails? Karla's really need trimmed...and I'm afraid. :) Not really. I just know she won't want to sit still. I have the baby clippers so we'll try it tomorrow...
A picture to end the week with:
6 comments:
You should easily be able to trim nails during some activity she likes - watching TV, watching people, etc. Heather lets me do it while she brushes her teeth.
Just try it. I bet it won't be as bad as you think. :-)
And yay for bedtime routines!
MMMMmmmm Cake....
we always trim Paul's nails when he is sleeping. Try that.
I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well!!!!
Hang in there...
Glad to hear that you're doing well. Karla looks so calm and happy in the bath! Hope you have a nice week ahead.
I agree with Amy, just do the nails and you might be surprised. My boys LOVE to have their nails done. We cheer after each one. And if you can't get them all done in one sitting, do one or two at a time. Glad that nighttime routine is working out for you!
Whoo-hoo you made it through the week! Every time I read a post I think Wow - how amazing - Jennifer is really there! We prayed for you in Sun. school today! you are great and very brave mom. I was cracking up when reading the story about the tatooes and piercings! glad to hear you are feeling better...
Post a Comment