Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Daily Update

Today we had a nice breakfast. There were lots of people in the dining room and a lot of our favorite waiters were there. They rearranged all the buffet food! I thought “how could they do this to me, when I finally have the routine of where to go and what to get with a little girl in a highchair!” :) I guess I have to stay on my toes.

Rich and Carey introduced us to two important people at the hotel when they were here, the sales manager and the owner of the hotel. They were eating breakfast together this morning - I've never seen them eating there before and I have a feeling they were there to see how the new buffet layout went. Anyway, they both got up and came over and hugged and kissed Karla and I when we walked in. They both asked how we were doing, what was going on with our case and if our accommodations were how we wanted them. I felt like royalty! :) Then all the waiters, probably on their best behavior, were just fussing over Karla and I and making sure we had everything we wanted and needed. I was loving it! Our tattoo-ed/tongue pierced friends were there and our friends that are on a mission trip were there. So Karla was waving and saying "hola" to everyone (she must have felt like royalty too) and I was telling everyone that Jason is coming tomorrow and that we should be leaving in a week. We were at breakfast for quite a while! :) It is probably the most social part of my day so I was glad Karla was content today in the dining room.

Karla seemed tired this morning and spent time entertaining herself in her stroller- she requested to be put in there - I didn't make her! She took a nice long nap. In the middle of her nap she woke up and said "Mommy?". I laid down on the bed next to her and then she went back to sleep. She still wants to know where I am when she's sleeping.

This afternoon Diana picked us up and we went to a restaurant called Nais (pronounced "nice"). We had some good food and then walked around the little mall that was attached. You'll have to see the pictures I uploaded. I added some descriptions to them.

Tonight we had fun playing, dancing, tickling, and talking to Daddy on Skype. Karla had me laughing so hard tonight when she was in the bathtub my stomach was aching. She is so silly sometimes. I've been bathing her the same way pretty much everyday so today she tried to stay a step ahead of me. It was hilarious. She also loves to imitate me....I better be careful what I do! She saw herself in the drain stopper thing in the tub and I think she was trying to say "Karla" and she was making faces at herself. I've never heard her say her name. It sounded kind of like Lola and her tongue stuck out of her mouth for the "l". Funny.

She initiated our "ice run" tonight. We had to say goodbye to Jason to make the ice run.

Bedtime went well, minimal fussing! Still have to move her to the crib though.

I HOPE HOPE HOPE that tomorrow we will know when our Embassy appointment will be, then we can plan when we will be heading home! The only thing I'm not looking forward to is coming back home to that cold weather! :) I hope it is not a shock to Karla's system!

Jason will be here by noon tomorrow Guatemala time (assuming weather is okay and flight isn't delayed)! I can't wait! I've been telling Karla all day that Daddy is coming tomorrow. Diana told me how to say it in Spanish. I can't wait to see how she responds to him. I'll update after we are united as a FAMILY!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I get up every morning to read the latest "edition." I'm so excited that Jason will be there today. What a GREAT day today will be--family together AT LAST, hopefully your embassy appointment, the knowledge that you will ALL be home soon--in time for Karla's birthday, thanksgiving and Christmas.

I'm loving the pictures of you and Karla. I know you are exhausted and still stressed, but you look so relaxed and at ease with her in your lap. FINALLY, right?

Thoughts and prayers are always with you. Keep up the GREAT work (and the blog).

Anonymous said...

Dad got Jason to the airport without
any problems, so he is on his way!!!
I had dinner with him last night and
helped him get some things ready for
the trip.(Oh, and did some laundry)
You'd be proud of him, he was very
organized with all the paperwork he
has to take along. It has been checked and rechecked, and is now ready for the embassy. He even made
a last minute trip to the notary.
Look out US Embassy here comes the
new McCormick family!!!!!!! I am trying to stay calm, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to do at this point.
Post a family reunion picture as soon as possible. Can't wait to see you all together forever!!!
Love you all and miss you so much,
Love Mom

Carey said...

I'm glad that you will finally all be together as three:) I'm praying for a SPEEDY pink!

Love,
Carey