We followed the same bedtime routine last night and she didn’t cry when it was time to sleep, just fussed a little. She slept for about 30 minutes and then was up crying. I don’t know if she is not feeling well or just still adjusting. I let her sleep with me last night. I had to rig something up so that she wouldn’t fall out of bed. I wasn’t able to move the bed against the wall by myself. She moves SO much in the night!!! So I think she slept well and I slept pretty well. She had to constantly be touching some part of me so I woke up frequently. One time I woke up and her face was right in front of mine and one of her hands was resting on my cheek. I didn’t mind that. It is the feet in the ribs that I mind. :)
I was feeling overwhelmingly tired yesterday, a little bored with doing the same things, and lonely. Karla doesn’t seem bored and I do try to introduce a new toy or activity each day. Yesterday it was bubbles. She really liked them. I know I brought them in May and she could have cared less. Yesterday it entertained her for a long time. She even said “bubble” a time or two.
The past several days she wants me right next to her every second and was very clingy, which is fine because I've wanted to hold her and be close to her for a long time. I just didn't realize how absolutely tiring that could be, literally 24/7. She was better today. I worked on this post on and off a few times while she was entertaining herself and I got some things organized around the room. I also made a point to take more pictures today - so check out the flickr page. Jason added the link to the top right of this page.
Our highlight yesterday was a first communion party that was going on in the courtyard. I don’t remember there being so much happening at the Westin before. I guess it is graduation season and there are so many parties and conferences here everyday!! It really limits our areas to run and play. How dare they have all these parties!?!? Anyway, we can walk around the indoor courtyard somewhat inconspicuously so we were watching all the girls and boys in their nice clothes. Then,the DJ started playing music with the loud bass. Karla started shaking it!! So she and I were dancing and twirling on the sidelines for quite sometime. Ordinarily I might have cared if people saw me/us, but I didn't. In fact two of the waiters (that love Karla and are very nice) saw us and came out to watch us for a few minutes. This girl and her music!!
Saturday was really rough for me. I was planning to tell Jason last night when we were planning to talk that I needed him to come here this coming Friday. He was already thinking the same thing. Whew. In fact, as he posted a while ago, he is coming Wednesday. So I am really excited! I'm going to follow-up with the DNA tomorrow and see if I can take Karla to the Embassy doctor appointment prior to having our pink slip (set Embassy appointment date). We could go Tuesday and get that out of the way. They will just make sure she is healthy and vaccinated. They also have to take some pictures of her for her file.
We are hoping our pink slip will be issued Tuesday or Wednesday and that we can have our Embassy appointment Friday. Please pray about this. We could even pray we could go to the Embassy Thursday. :) If our appointment is Friday then we have to stay till Tuesday because Karla's visa is issued after 3pm the business day following the Embassy appointment. I hope that all makes sense.
Today was better. Karla and I took it easy this morning. I asked her if she wanted to go to the pool and she said "no". She wanted to sit in her stroller. So she sat there for a little while and watched TV and snacked on some grapes (she really likes them!). After her afternoon nap we went to the pool and had lots of fun. It was a nice afternoon. Today her friends of choice were two men from Germany who were sitting in the pool or hot tub with their beers and peanuts. She likes to collect small leaves that have fallen in the water and she would only share the leaves with these men. Luckily the people she has chosen to be friendly with are all nice to her and don't seem to mind. There weren't any other kids out there this afternoon. And don't worry. The Westin is very safe and their is security everywhere. I have never felt unsafe here. This is day 4 of not leaving the premises...
I am going to call Diana tomorrow and see if she will go to the mall with us. It is within walking distance. I just want to go somewhere new to walk around. The Westin is huge but you can only do laps so many times before it gets old.
It is probably safe to go to the mall by ourselves but I am not going to risk it - especially since I don't speak Spanish. It has been weird being a minority, that is for sure. I never felt it before like I have this time. The staff at the Westin and the people we meet in the pool are all nice (and from all over the world it seems) but other guests....not so much. It makes me realize what it is like for some people - and it isn't a good feeling. I think maybe part of it is because there are hardly any families here adopting anymore. When we were here before there were many! There are 2 families here that I am aware of and one is leaving tomorrow. They have a 21 month old and have said they've had issues with her sleeping as well. When they said she got so upset when night she threw up, it made me feel better since Karla did that a little bit several nights ago. (this is the 2nd child they are adopting from Guatemala in the time we've adopted one)
Tonight Karla and I walked around the hotel and played in our room. She was much less clingy today and only had one meltdown - when I wouldn't let her go out the front door of the hotel on our nightly walk. We followed our same bedtime routine and she cried for several minutes but then fell asleep. I am going to attempt to move her to the crib now. Hopefully she won't wake up!
Two more days on our own! Two more days until we are a family of THREE!!!!!!
(picture from Feb. 08)
2 comments:
So glad to hear that Jason is coming down soon! I can't even imagine being at the Westin all alone. It was so hard being "stuck" there when I had another adult to talk to and help out with the kid(s). Hoping and praying that your Embassy appointment is this week!
We're praying the your appointment is this week, too!
And if it makes you feel better, we've had some totally unexplained waking and nighttime crying from Heather, too. Last night was pretty h*llish and I think R and I only got about 4 hours of sleep...and only because we brought her into bed with us.
Don't know if it is molars or what, but I hope that Karla and Heather both get their sleeping acts together soon!
Post a Comment