Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm here!!!

I made it to Guatemala! I got up at 2:45 a.m. and it is now 10:21 (or 12:21 YOUR time) so I am quite tired. What a day! I will write more about it later and post pictures - because I know that is what you are waiting for.

I couldn't believe how much Karla had grown in the 5 months since I have seen her. Has it really been that long? It was a day of many emotions - happy and sad. Mostly happy though. I think I spent about 2 hours with Karla. She remembered me and let me hold her for the first 20 minutes. I thought that was great for an almost-2-year-old. She hugged me and smiled at me a lot. I took a picture of Jason, as well as some other toys...the picture is what she carried around the most. :)

I went to the foster family's home and it was so nice to be welcomed there and see where Karla spends a lot of time. However, it was stressful for Heidy, Karla's foster mother - and when I saw her upset, I cried too. After emotional conversation we decided that Heidy will bring Karla here to the hotel tomorrow and she will just stay with me after that. Heidy and her family will come to visit once next week and then when Jason is here. We think this is in the best interest of Karla as well as myself and Heidy.

Please pray for me to know what Karla needs during this transition period. It is obvious she has been very loved by her foster family.

I will sign off for now. I'm so tired the computer looks blurry.
More tomorrow (when Karla will be united with me forever).....Good night!

1 comment:

Jen Benger Rath said...

Jennifer,

This posting brought tears to my eyes. I am just so, so thankful for everyone that Karla is so loved and considering the extended period she had to stay in foster care, that she had a family that loved her as their own.