Thursday, October 30, 2008

Adjusting Again

Jason here... So far, today has gone pretty well. Karla had a hard time going to sleep last night, probably because things are changing for her again. She played with both of us most of the night. The bath was a little more of a struggle this time. I washed her hair and she did not like it when I rinsed it. So I left and Jennifer finished the bath. Then we put on her PJs and played for awhile. But as soon as she realized it was time to sleep, she started to shriek. She laid on Jennifer for awhile but cried every time Jennifer tried to move her to the crib. So Jennifer took her out for a walk in the stroller and I feel dead asleep. Jennifer said Karla finally went to bed for good at 11:15. This morning, I heard Karla stirring and Jennifer was still sleeping away. So I got Karla up (first and only time I've been allowed to hold her so far!), changed her very wet diaper and we went down to the family room and played for quite awhile. Then she decided she wanted "bebe" (her Mayan doll) and we went back to the room and found mommy awake and in thei shower. So we played in the room and then went to breakfast. Breakfast was a bit of a struggle but she did manage to eat a few things. I somehow made her mad by offering her a piece of egg after she said "Poppy!" and pointed to the egg. We ran around the atrium for a long time and then went back to the rooms and played for a long time. She started belly-flopping on me again and I would roll for her to flip clear over the other side and she loved that. Then Jennifer laid down for a nap and Karla and I hade more Cheerios and watched Thomas the Tank Engine. She fell asleep in her stroller, woke herself up and started to sheik. I'm starting to notice the pattern Jennifer has been dealing with! So I laid her with Jennifer and she zonked right out and I was able to pretty quickly move her to the crib.

I organized and consolidated all of our paperwork and put it all in the safe. Later today I hope to go through it all and make sure we have what we need for the US Embassy appointment. There's a number of things on the checklist that says "(Your agency escort will have this)" so since we're essentially agency-less and attorney-less I need to make sure it's all here and that we don't have to go after Julio and Walter for any of it. We're going to call the US Embassy promptly at 2pm and demand our pink slip be issued. We want to go to the embassy doctor tomorrow and have our appointment on Monday. We're trying....

Jennifer and Karla are still sleeping. I'm going to head out to Taco Tento here in a little bit and get us to lunch. The weather outside is much nicer - around 70 degrees and a slight cool breeze. Not sure if that'll be warm enough for la pacina (pool) but we'll see.

We didn't really take any pictures today yet so no new pictures here. Make sure you follow the link in the top-right of the blog to see pictures from yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason, it's so nice to have you
blogging from Guatemala too :) You are doing a great job with your little girl, keep up the good work!
Love, Mom

Dad M said...

Seems like the adjustment is going OK. Now you know what Jennifer was going through! Stay patient, Dad!