Friday, October 31, 2008

Finally Friday

Today was kind of a rough day. Karla was unhappy most of the day and we don't know why. She finally perked up at about 6:30 tonight and we played for an hour or so. She was having fun running, jumping, dancing, belly flopping on Daddy and Oso. Then she got her first injury of the trip.... More screaming. This time we understood why she was screaming! She went to flop on Oso and hit the corner of the wall with her cheek. It took a while to calm down. After several kisses from both of us she requested a juice box - and then she was fine. At 8 she asked to get in her stroller and "vamos" (go). So I put her in the stroller and she fell asleep in minutes. While she was in the stroller and asleep I finally trimmed her finger and toenails! Yeah! I feel like that was a huge accomplishment. I've tried many things while she is awake and nothing worked.

We are hoping we can go to the pool tomorrow. It really hasn't been warm enough for the pool.

Sunday we are having lunch with Mercedez, our friend that works at the hotel. I think she is going to take us out somewhere.

Monday we will get up early for our Embassy appointment, come back, hopefully nap, then at 2pm we are going to go to the zoo with Karla's foster family and Diana. Please pray about this - that it would go smoothly for all involved. Monday night Diana invited us to dinner with her and her husband.

Tuesday we are going to go to Antigua with Diana for our first real sightseeing experience in Guatemala. We'll have to be back to Guatemala City by 3 because we have to go get Karla's visa.

Then Wednesday morning we'll say goodbye to all of our hotel friends and "adios". We're outta here!

We uploaded some more pictures and videos. You can kind of see Karla's bruise in the picture where she is on my lap. Today wasn't a good day for taking a family photo. Maybe tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

Dad M said...

I think the zoo would be a really fun place to be for Karla, seeing all the animals. Sounds like some pretty full days on Sunday and Monday. The bump on the head will not be her last! She will recover very quickly. The end is near!

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine the fun you will have when Karla gets turned lose on the streets of Grandview! You can hardly contain her in your hotel room! Sure looks like she is having lots of fun. And I am sorry to hear Jennifer has my "condition". I heard her say she was "dizzy" once during all the dancing. You know (that according to Mom) I get dizzy a lot! And Karla will really enjoy learning all those dances on our video we used to get ready for your wedding....remember? Drew's amazing dance video. I think we still have it somewhere. Sorry to hear about the boo boo. I guess it was appropriate being Halloween and all! Pretty lame huh? It's great to see the Family McCormick all together and we all look forward to your return.

Love to all, Dad N.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, it is so nice to see you
dancing, I think I enjoyed that as much as seeing Karla dance :) :) :)
Looks like you are all making the most of being confined to one room in a hotel! I am glad you have some fun things lined up to do this weekend. Keeping busy will make the days go faster for you. Our weather for the coming week is looking very nice and warm. Perfect for your arrival Wed night in Pittsburgh:)
Stay safe when you are out and about this weekend. I'm counting down the days..........Love, Mom