I forgot to mention last night (I can't believe it) that Karla has her passport. Heidy had to wait over an hour for the attorney but he finally showed up (on the 4th try) with all of the correct paperwork. I just called Pablo who talks to our attorney for us. He said we may be able to go for the second DNA test today or tomorrow!!! Things are moving!!! :)
I think I uploaded yesterday's pictures to flickr. Jason will you check and then post the site? We are supposed to have some visitors (friends of Carey's) come over in about 20 minutes and I have to shower and get dressed!
I have to go get a SIM card for my phone, rearrange the room a little bit, and be ready for KARLA and Heidy by 3!
More later....if I'm not playing with Karla. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jennifer,
So glad that you made it there safely. I'll be praying for you and Karla, as well as Heidy and the foster family. Have fun!
Love, Julie
What a precious picture of the two of you together! I will be praying that the transition goes as smoothly as possible for you, Karla, and Heidy and her family. I'm so glad that it was obvious what needed to happen for everyone involved! Love you - Mandy
What a wonderful picture of you and
Karla looking at each other! So
cute, I had tears in my eyes and
happiness in my heart:) Karla
looks healthy and very happy:)
Love U both!!!
Jennifer - I knew this day would come!!! I am sooooooo happy for you all! The hard part is over and the rest is just icing on the cake. Enjoy every precious minute with your gorgeous daughter in Guatemala. The pictures with her foster family are priceless. You are so very lucky to have the opportunity to visit with them and have stories to tell Karla about them. I think it is very wise to have Karla stay with you and maybe just visit with the foster mother at the hotel 1 or 2 times before you leave. I think it will be less confusing for Karla - especially since that is what you have done before during your visits. I'll be reading about your adventures every day. I've been thinking about you and praying for you.
Huge Hugs!
Sandy & Lirael
P.S. Lirael can't wait for a play date with Karla once she is home!!!!! :-)
Post a Comment