Hi all. It's been awhile since Jennifer wrote and a bunch of people have asked me how I'm doing and why I haven't blogged anything. So I take a quick stab at some things.
I've managed so far to feed and clothe myself. :) Despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to talk anyone into doing my laundry for me - although Mom did wash Karla's crib sheets. Other than my usual work routine, I've been working around the house finishing up what seems like a never-ending list of little undone things to be ready for Karla to be here. Grammy, Pap pap, Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Kevin have all been here at some point over the last two weekends helping me to get ready. I think our strategy of "well, we'll do that when we're close" piled up too many things here at the end. But I think I'm finally all set. I've started to pack for my trip to Guatemala, mostly Karla's things. I've also done some serious shopping for little girl items, guess that's something I'll have to get used to.
Jennifer's has a pretty uneven weekend. Karla seems to be having a lot of fun and is good natured and the spontaneously swings into angry tantrums. Usually they're when she's tired and we know it's just because she's confused and feeling loss (of her foster mother) but it's just so sad. Karla also wants to sleep in bed with Jennifer, which Jennifer is temporarily doing, but kicks a lot and keeps waking up Jennifer. So Jennifer isn't getting a whole lot of quality sleep. I think they're both getting stir-crazy from being cooped up in the hotel. Jennifer might see if Diana wants to go to the mall Monday or Tuesday for something to do. Jennifer did say that she noticed people looking at them when they've been out previously but no one was overtly hostile so she's going to try that.
Although we don't have an embassy appointment yet, we hope to on Tuesday. With that in mind, I am leaving for Guatemala on Wednesday. Jennifer is anxious for me to come down and we decided that at this point, it's probably better for me to come down now instead of have more time when we're back in the US.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment