Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rambling

This morning was GREAT! We had a great time playing together. I thought I was figuring out her needs/wants better. I got some calls made to the US Embassy in Guatemala while Karla had her noon nap and even took a little nap myself. I woke up to a little voice saying "mommy". I think Karla had been awake a little while and playing in her crib. Then we had a great lunch. She was so good and ate - I even got to have a cup of coffee after we ate. I didn't have to rush to eat. My throat is really hurting today so I especially enjoyed the hot coffee.

Then.....well, this afternoon and evening - NOT good.

I just got her to sleep, thank goodness. I feel so bad for her because she seems angry and she can't tell me about it - just cries or screams. Usually she still wants me to hold her though....and tonight it was getting to be too much for me.

I think I am getting my usual "losing my voice, sinus and ear pain" sickness. Luckily I got a prescription from my doctor before I left home so I started it tonight. I sure hope it kicks in FAST.

I deleted what I wrote 30 min. ago because it was depressing. :) I actually feel a tiny bit better (emotionally stable) now that she is asleep. I'm not cleaning up the room or anything - I'm going to bed too.

I just love her so much and hate that she has to go through this. It makes me mad all over again at our agency and the Guatemala government. If they truly cared about the "best interest of the child" she would have been home a year or so ago and maybe this wouldn't have been so hard for her.

It is also hard because Jason can only talk on Skype at night and that is the most difficult time here - so I feel like I've had 1 long/good conversation with him since I have been here.

Better stop rambling. Tomorrow is a new day!

This is what it is all about -->


And her favorite sleeping postion, the one she is in right now (yeah!) - although sometimes the pink and white blanket is wrapped around the top of her head somehow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer,

Please remember that our prayers are with you and I know you can get through this. The end is in sight and soon you will be home, both of you.

Carey said...

Jennifer,

I know things are difficult right now, but it will only get easier. The bond between you and Karla is getting stronger. You're a great mom...keep up the good work:)

Love,
Carey