Monday, October 20, 2008

rough evening


It was a rough evening here. I think the novelty is wearing off for Karla and I'm seeing some behaviors that are letting me know she is unsure of what is happening. I'm really tired right now so I won't write much more. Please keep sending me emails and posting! They keep me going. I will post some more pictures tomorrow.

Just so you know - I do attempt to do her hair. But I feel like it is one "battle" that isn't important right now. She does NOT like me putting things in her hair. :)

I'm hoping the weather is nice tomorrow so we can go to the pool in the afternoon. We haven't been there yet! It would probably be fun for both of us.....especially after we say good bye to our friends.

5 comments:

Dad M said...

Be strong Jennifer. Your a great Mom! We all had days like this, and we all survived. You will too. Know we love you and can't wait to see you both.

Dad M

Katie H said...

I never let my mom put anything in my hair either, and look what a mess it is now! ha ha ha... I just LOVE the pictures and I wish I could come visit and give you a break from the chasing! I'm doing that here all day today... can't wait.
Katie H

Unknown said...

Hang in there, Jennifer!

As Karla looks to you for love and support in times when she's unsure, you're strengthening that bond between parent and child.

The comment about choosing your battles with her hair was funny. Don't sweat it... she's as cute as can be!

Craig L.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're diong well (despite tired!!). We're so excited and thankful for you guys and finally a series of happy events. I hope all goes well as you start on your own for the next few weeks. You'll do great!
Paul and Erin

Adrianna said...

Hi Jennifer! There will always be "rough evenings" in parenting, but know you've already learned a very important lesson, "pick your battles!" :) And know, too, with Karla being nearly 2, testing you is just part of the game! Be strong, be loving, be consistent, and you will have one lovely young lady on your hands some day!