Hi Everyone,
This week has flown by. I can't say that about our past two trips. I am so thankful that Carey is here with me. After that last post I did end up calling the doctor because I didn't want Karla's congestion to get any worse. Carey reminded me I could have the concierge call Karla's pediatrician (since we don't speak Spanish) and see if he would call something in. And that is what he did!
I gave Karla some meds and some food before bed last night and she hadn't been asleep long when she started spitting up...a lot! Carey jumped out of bed and helped me. Well, actually i just held Karla and Carey tried to clean our bed. Karla was so tired she really didn't wake up but I was preparing myself for a long night. She slept all night though. I had her in my bed so I could keep her propped up with pillows. She had so much drainage. She has sounded better today but is still recovering.
We were going to have Heidy and her family over tomorrow but our friend Diana called them today to tell them we will wait until next week. I think it is good to wait because the weather is a bit cooler yesterday, today, and tomorrow due to a tropical depression and I don't want Karla getting cold since she has been sick. And maybe the bigger reason is because I feel like Karla is doing SO WELL adjusting that I wouldn't want to mess that up with one visit.
So, we will see them sometime next week.
Jason posted about my day. It was exhausting and all we did was WAIT for our attorney's assistant to show up. We spent at least 2 hours in the lobby waiting for him. The pictures of Karla asleep on the couch are from our "wait". She slept almost the entire time, thank goodness and Lola was good walking around the lobby with her mom.
To make a long story short...I called Pablo hourly, he said he couldn't make the attorney respond and they wouldn't take his calls. I was getting pretty frustrated. There is really no reason we couldn't have done the second DNA test on Tuesday....except I didn't have the paperwork!
We went to lunch/dinner around 4:15. Our food had just arrived and in walks Walter (attorney's assistant). I couldn't believe it! He had a thick envelope with our file in it! I started shaking. He speaks limited English so he just told me what to take to the DNA test, what goes with us to the Embassy and what is "extra". After he left I started bawling! I was SOOOOO happy. I guess that is when it all hit me that this is happening. The documents say Karla McCormick. She's ours!!! Carey started crying too and then I realized I had to pull it together because the two little girls were looking at us concerned. Karla was reaching for me to hug me. So I stopped but I was still shaking! I then called Pablo (again) and told him the good news. He immediately called the DNA lab to see if we could go right away because it is only 2 blocks from the Westin. They didn't take appointments after 4pm. UGH! Pablo scheduled the appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:20 am. The 9am appointment was already taken. Ever since our dinner was over I have felt exhausted. Earlier today I was thinking how I haven't been too tired on this trip...not the same tonight. Carey, Lola and some friends went out later this evening to Pizza Hut and I really wanted to go but decided to stay here with Karla because the thought of walking the short distance seemed like a lot to do. Karla and I went to the family room for about 20 minutes before talking to Jason on Skype. Then I put Karla's PJs on her and she went to sleep right away. I am going to go to bed now too.
I wanted to say that when we went to the family room Karla saw her favorite toy - the lion. It's batteries were dead. I was disappointed. Karla got on it though - all by herself and made it go. It is neat to see how she has grown and all the new things she can do. I feel so proud of her. :)
She is saying more words - English and Spanish - that I can recognize everyday. I love the way she says gracios all the time! When we leave the dining room she waves to all the male waiters and says adios! And that continues all the way down the hall.
We are doing well here. I have all Karla's papers and passport now. So, tomorrow we will probably venture out (as a group) to do a little shopping. We need some necessities.
Hope everyone is doing well and thank you for the emails and comments!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jennifer and Jason,
How wonderful to hear the news...and see the videos of Karla. I check this blog multiple times a day waiting to see what good things are going to happen next. I'm so excited for both of you....and I think Karla needs the same shirt as Lola--"Worth the Wait." No kidding!
Much love,
Rob, Kelly, Eric and Evan
Jennifer -- I'm glad you are getting so much love from your daughter, and such "help" from the attorney, lol. Keep the positive spirits up! it's great to see her having so much fun!
Jason--good luck keeping her a "lefty" :)
Post a Comment