Sunday, October 19, 2008

Quick Update

Today we went to Jorge's house and had lunch there. He lives in Villa Nueva not too far from the city. He has 3 children so a lot of the pictures taken today were at his place. I also posted pictures from yesterday. Jorge lives in a gated community (just so you family members aren't too concerned about my safety). We walked around the neighborhood and had ice cream. It was interesting to see another part of Guatemala. The Westin and the zone we are in is the "nice" part of Guatemala. For example, tonight Karla and I went down to the dining room by ourselves for dinner and it was the 2 of us (tired looking girls in regular clothes) with a bunch of people in prom-like dresses and suits. I forgot that Friday and Saturday evenings are usually busy with fancy parties. This one was for some kind of graduation. Not exactly sure what the waiter told me. This coming week the Westin is having some kind of Disney celebration so there are some pictures of Karla with Snow White and the Witch. They gave her a chocolate Mickey Mouse lollipop too...guess who ended up eating that. :)

Karla is saying "oopsie" and "ouchie" now....I think because I say those words a lot, unintentionally. She is also saying "shoes"!! (CI people, tell Brooke) She loves shoes (zapatos) but I keep calling them shoes and now she is too. Tonight she said "Mommy shoes". Two word phrase - yeah!

Tonight is our first night in our room alone. Getting Karla to bed was slightly more difficult. Usually Lola and Carey were in bed right before us so Karla would climb into bed and go right to sleep. Tonight there was a little fussing. I have to say I am a little nervous about being here "alone" after Monday. I have met several Guatemalan people that I can call if I need something but tonight I am feeling nervous. I am not sure why. I guess I am afraid we will get bored, I don't know. Maybe things will go faster than I think. Probably just tiredness speaking. I still can't believe how tired I get from chasing after a fast moving toddler can be. I thought my job would have prepared me for this. :)

The hardest part of the process is over. Just have to wait for DNA results to come back and our Embassy appointed date. Easy! No agency or attorney needed!

I uploaded some new pictures! Check them out. Keep emailing me and posting comments. It is encouraging!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know tomorrow Carey and Lola are
leaving and you are feeling nervous.
Let Karla be your encouragement to
get through the days. You are not alone, many people are praying for
you and Karla. You are doing a
GREAT job and I know you have the
strength to finish. You and Jason
are so close to the end!!! I want
you all home soon and I can't wait
for that day at the airport:) :) :)
I love and miss you both! MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
Dan and I are thinking about you and hoping that very soon you are back home!
Love
Angela

Unknown said...

Hey chicas!
hope you are having fun "girly time." Karla's hair is so cute with the Peebles pony tail! did u paint her nails yet? omg that would be great! fyi it got really cold here so enjoy the warm weather and the pool. about being nervous - its probably a good thing but hey so far so good! you look so happy and relaxed! you're more than a survivor - you're a fighter. that girl has some spunk, she'll keep you busy - can't wait to meet her. cant wait for the updates

Kelly said...

So happy for you gals. I know it is tough, but you are tough. Remember that. And don't worry about being bored. Before you know it, you will be back home busy with visitors, etc. and will want this quiet time back. Plus, you know, anything entertains a child Karla's age--blowing a cotton ball across the floor with a straw (good for those speech muscles too, right?).

I was driving in Cranberry today going to Target thinking about how much I'm sure you can wait to do those mundane, errand-like things with Karla!

We are thinking about you often and praying for you daily.

Brooke said...

One word for you: SHOES!!! hahahaha! That's HILARIOUS. J-Mack, we are SO HAPPY for you!!! Everyone sends their thoughts of love and encouragement - we want more pics!! Can't get over how much she has grown and how unbelievably ADORABLE she is!!! Hope you are enjoying every second of your "bonding" time there in Guatemala. Soon you will have to share with Jason (and everyone else) haha. =D