Friday, October 17, 2008

DNA done!!

Karla and I are back from the DNA test already!! We were gone maybe for 30-35 minutes! i had to carry Karla and a backpack so I felt like I got a workout.

Karla slept in this morning, of course, so I just threw some clothes on her and we had a quick breakfast. Next thing I knew Pablo was walking towards the dining room - ready to take us to the lab. He was on time! :) They had to swab Karla's mouth 4 times. To me it seemed like the lady was being rough with her but maybe that is how they have to do it. I had to hold Karla down and she fussed a little. Her lip bled a tiny bit but her lips have been pretty dry. She recovered quicker than my heart rate. I didn't let her know I was nervous though. :)

Karina, Heidy's sister called while we were trying to eat breakfast.. I guess they are stopping by for a few minutes at 11. I hope it goes okay.

YEAH!!!! Now we just wait approx 8 days for DNA to be processed and then we'll go to the Embassy doctor for a check up. Then our final appointment when Daddy will be here! Yeah!

Rich, Carey's husband is coming today and then they are leaving Monday. Please pray that Karla and I won't be too sad when they leave. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I am so glad the DNA test is done!!! Now we are getting closer than ever to the day Jason can join you and Karla:) Oh what a day that will be, I know he can't wait to be with Karla too. You are doing a GREAT job of taking care of everything. I love the pictures, I sure have a cute granddaughter:) :) :) I can't wait to see her and to hold her too!! Give her kisses from Grammy! Love U both, Mom

Unknown said...

Jennifer, I'm so filled with joy that everything's progressing! Hope you have a great weekend. I'm always thinking of you and Karla!

Anonymous said...

Hey girls-

Glad all is going well. You all deserve for things to go good for a change. It is so nice to see you have so many wonderful friends and family supporting you and caring for you through all this. Stay Strong !


Love , Dad

Annie and Greg said...

So happy to hear that things are moving along and you are done with the attorney!

Unknown said...

hey chicas!
I knew you could be a spitfire!! watched the videos of Karla - quite the drama queen :) looking forward to the next update!