Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sick Day

Poor Karla was pretty miserable all day today. She slept on and off all morning in the family room. Then this afternoon she slept for 3 hours straight. After she woke up she just wanted to lay on the floor. It was really sad and pathetic looking. Jason and I were debating on whether or not to take her back to the ER. The doctor had told us to come back if she was still lethargic, had a fever, or coughing a lot after 48 hours of antibiotics. At 46 hours after the first dose she perked up a little bit. We were able to play some and then she just wanted to sit in her stroller or on my lap. She went to sleep late but that is probably because she slept so much today. We are really hoping she will wake up tomorrow and feel MUCH better. It is sad seeing her so pathetic.

It is hard for us to know if she is upset because she is sick, if she is sad from all the transitions lately or both. Too bad she can't tell us! She hasn't had a fever today so that is a good sign.

I got to sleep for 2 hours this afternoon while Karla was asleep! It was the best sleep I have had in a month. Karla was asleep in the Pack N Play in the family room so I laid down on the couch. Jason was watching football so I knew he was watching/listening to Karla and I could totally relax! My neck and shoulders felt so much better when I woke up! They have really been hurting - I think from stress and being tense and from holding Karla so much.

We wanted to have Karla's cousins over today but we decided to wait until next weekend since Karla is sick. It was a quiet day with just the 3 of us. I think we all needed it. :)

In the brief time Karla wanted to play today she started making a noise for a horse, pointing to and saying "nose", saying "good", and singing E-I-E-I for Old McDonald Had a Farm.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

How is Karla feeling? Maybe this is just her way of saying she wants to spend some serious quiet time with Mommy and Daddy!

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! Happy (early) Birthday, Karla! Hope it is a WONDERFUL day.

We will be thinking about you!