Monday, November 17, 2008

All done

Karla just finished her evening snack, looked up at me, signed and said "all done" when her bowl was empty!!! I was so excited I almost started crying. I decided this morning to pick 6 signs to work on to help with communication frustrations. All done was one of them! I showed her 2-3 times at breakfast and then once at lunch. She hasn't seen it since lunch but did it tonight! What a smart girl!! I am so proud.

Jason is currently upstairs putting Karla to bed. We kind of decided that he is going to start doing some things even if Karla doesn't like it and gets upset. He was holding her when I was telling her good night. She screamed angrily but then she quieted down quickly. That is how Karla was with me when it was just the two of us in Guatemala so maybe in a few days she will be fine with it. I think if we just work through it and give it time (yuck-who likes waiting?) it'll be okay. I just feel bad for Jason because I know how hard it was for me! No one likes to have their upset and crying.

I'm listening carefully to the baby monitor. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

hello! I'm so excited that I found your blog. I've been in contact with Jason a little on facebook ever since I saw him at that Tim Keller event in Pittsburgh. I'm so happy for you guys that you have Karla!!