Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Final Day - Mommy's post

I just read Jason's post and I suspect we will be posting here (maybe often) in the next several days so keep checking. :)

I am so glad I have had this time here with Karla. I am also glad Jason has had a week with Karla too. I really think it is going to make going home together much easier. The past 2-3 days have been better. Karla seems happier and doesn't have a fit if she is told "no". She has also cried less overall.

I still can't believe all 3 of us are going HOME together tomorrow (well, actually later today)! It is a day I really have not let myself imagine much at all. It still all seems surreal.

I am happy that we went to Antigua today although it would have been nicer to have more time there. Someday we'll have to go back when Karla will enjoy it more too. It helped me view Guatemala a little differently, more positively. There are some beautiful places. It was fun to go sightseeing but as we were leaving Antigua heading back to Guatemala City (trying to see different buildings and places, pointed out by our tour guide Diana) - I had trouble looking at the buildings, etc. because I thought the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen was my daughter, sleeping in my arms.

Thank you for all of your prayers! They have been answered!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS
FLOW........AMEN AMEN AMEN
Jennifer,
That was a sweet comment about
Karla sleeping in your arms. You
are already a wonderful Mom and
Karla is blessed to be your
daughter. The BEST is yet to come!
I'm so proud of you and Jason and the way you kept the course and
worked so hard to make this happen for 2 1/2 LONG years! God is GOOD!
I love you! Mom

Kelly said...

Tear of joy...TEARS OF JOY! Today will be a long day, but nothing compared to your waiting. Tonight you will sleep in your own beds and Karla finally in her home with her mommy and daddy...and in time for her birthday. What a wonderful, wonderful gift.

God bless the three of you on your journey ahead. The best is yet to come!

bdj7205 said...

Kelly said it perfectly! tears of joy!! I couldn't sleep this morning (which you know is unusual for me!) because I'm so excited!!!! I love you so much Sis!!! I couldn't be more proud of you. You have always amazed me! See you soon!!!!

Amy said...

I am so excited for all three of you, it is difficult to express. And of course I can't wait to introduce Heather to her new best friend. ;-)

Travel safely (I hope Karla flies as well as Heather did this weekend!) and welcome home!