Tuesday, January 6, 2009

(Good) U.S. Attorney

*Jason met with our attorney today to discuss Karla's readoption. He had called several asking specific questions so we would be sure to get a "good" one. This one was recommended by a coworker who has adopted. Jason really liked the attorney! It probably helped that she told him he was the most organized adoptive family she'd ever met with. He has spent time over the holidays organizing and filing all of the paperwork. It is quite a stack!! I guess the attorney would ask him something (thinking he'd get it to her later) and he'd say "It is right here" and he could find it easily in his files. So now all we do is wait for her (which shouldn't take long b/c Jason gave her everything she will need today) to do all the paperwork for readoption in PA and then we will have a court hearing at the Butler courthouse in February or possible March. Then I can change the top of my blog because we will be done with Karla's adoption!!!

*More on my transition: :) I've decided part of my problem is that I want everything to be perfect from the beginning (the day Karla got here). Our schedule, my energy, Karla's behavior, meals, etc. I need to remember that things are never perfect in life! :) I have to change my attitude and expectations. AND realize that things are going to take longer to do - and that is okay!

*Yesterday we received a letter stating that it would be up to 120 days to get ALL of Karla's papers from Immigration services. That is fine. We don't need them. Just want them and are hoping they might have a tiny bit of info about Karla's birth family in them.

*Karla and I went to our first playgroup today. There were 4 moms and 6 kids. We will be meeting twice a month. I enjoyed it because I got to ask experienced mom's of toddlers some questions. :)

*Karla also tried fingerpainting this afternoon for the first time. She had fun but was very "delicate" about the paint on her fingers. I'm Karla's mom so I get to say this- I think she is so smart! Her language is amazing me everyday and she is following directions I don't really expect her to. She is also quite good at trying to "distract" me or her Daddy if we want her to do something that she doesn't want to do.

*Here is a picture from when we went to Karla's great-grandparents. I had trouble posting pictures to that post and I love this picture.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ahhh, one of my favorite quotes (should just about some up how you are feeling and how you should be looking at life).

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned the hard way that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner