Monday, January 26, 2009

Last Week

*I got to talk to our friend Diana in Guatemala on Skype. It was the first time I have talked to her since we've been back - except for an email or two. I have missed her!

*We had our playgroup again last Tuesday. Karla is getting to know the kids better.

*Our sleep "strategy" failed miserably. We tried. Now we've changed the game plan again. We will try to get her back to sleep in her crib after waking up once. If she wakes up more than once - she gets put in bed with us. I didn't like this idea at first but it seems to be working because none of us are as tired when it happens AND Karla sleeps in a lot longer! I think when we transition her to a bed we will have to make a BIG, HUGE deal of her sleeping in a bed by herself. We'll have to wait a bit longer because I am not sure she would understand that yet....and because I am just not ready to get rid of the crib. We've discussed it and it is probably selfish but I'm not ready to be done with it just yet. I need a baby just a little bit longer.

*Last Thursday I went to bible study again and Karla stayed in the toddler room again for the entire two hours without any problem!

*Our pastor came to our house last Thursday night to meet with us before the baptism yesterday. Karla liked playing with him and giving him shots with her medical kit. She also enjoyed him reading from the "Book of Church Order" to her. He tried getting out a Dora book but there was no distracting her from the book he had brought. She gave him hugs and kisses when he left which was really cute.

*We were waiting to hear from our attorney about when our hearing would be at the court house to finally have this adoption TOTALLY complete. I guess there was a little misunderstanding. We were waiting for her to get back to us and she was waiting for us to get something notarized and give to her before submitting everything for the hearing. So...we probably won't have our hearing until March but that is okay. Karla is here so it doesn't really matter. Jason is very anxious to get it done though (so we won't have to think about it at all anymore). We're going to the notary this evening after he gets home from work.

*Last week I left Karla home with Daddy twice. I cried both times when I left - and of course Karla was totally fine! I'm glad she was fine...now I just need to work on being fine when I leave. :) Tomorrow is Grammy's first official baby-sitting morning. I just have a check-up at a doctor's office in town here. So I will be close by BUT I am sure KARLA will be fine...I should be...

*Saturday morning we had our first official family photo taken!!! I am so excited to get the pictures back because we got a few good ones! Feb 3 we get to go pick them up. We went to JCPenney - which I had heard mixed reviews about but it was a good price - and I was pleasantly surprised. It went well and the photos turned out nice. It was our first trip to the mall together...and the first time in months for me. I haven't been brave enough to take Karla to the mall by myself. I had fun...not sure about the other two. I had gift cards that were burning holes in my pocket. So Karla got a new outfit and more accessories. She is very in to necklaces, hair things, etc. right now. Here is a picture of last week. She actually doesn't have as many barrettes and necklaces on as she had had a few times.


*We had a spontaneous dinner with Rich, Carey, Lola, and Tyler last week. We had fun watching the girls dance together and I enjoyed getting to talk to Carey while the girls and dads played.

*Karla talked to Austin on the phone last week which was pretty darn cute!

*Yesterday's baptism went very well. Karla liked getting the water put on her head (that didn't surprise us!) After the water was put on her head she asked our pastor to put some on "mommy". That was pretty funny. Then when we were listening to the vows and responding to them...Karla ran away. She didn't get too far so that was good. We went to Walnut Grove restaurant after church with family and then came back to our house for cake and ice cream.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congrats on Karla's baptism. That is such a HUGE deal. As for the crib...keep your baby as long as you can. When both of the boys went into "big boy beds" we had a Big Boy Bed party with family and friends complete with gifts, balloons, cupcakes, etc. It seemed to help!