As a bedtime story tonight Karla and I read a little book we have called "Adam and Eve" (we read it 5 times but that is beside the point). :)
Karla has started praying some on her own at mealtimes and in the evening but usually is either quiet or repeats after me. Tonight while we were praying she was repeating after me. I was thanking God for several things and for creating us and all the animals (since that is what she is learning about in Sunday School). She repeated a few of my words and then when I paused after "thank you for all the animals" she said "and snake". I looked up and she still had her little head bowed and was obviously still praying and concentrating. I wanted to start laughing but knew I needed to keep going. I knew she was thanking God for the snake in the Bible that spoke to Eve in the garden!! I didn't correct her....is the snake something we should be thankful for? How would you have responded? :) We just finished our prayer and said good night. Then I left her room and had a good laugh about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment