I had to write this down before I forgot. Tonight Karla was having a snack before bed in the dining room with me. There is a picture on the wall of Jason and I at our wedding. She has also just started to show interest in photo albums today. So we were looking at one with pictures taken right after our wedding. So while she was eating we were looking through an album and I was "reading" it to her. She really liked the picture of Jason carrying me over the threshold of our first apartment. (wish the pic was digital and I would upload it...too lazy to scan it right now) Anyway, she asked lots of why questions about that picture and wanted to know things like whether or not I was too heavy for Daddy. Then she asked why we were married. Here's our conversation:
Karla: Why Daddy and Mommy married, Mommy?
Me: Because we love each other.
K: Oh. (pause) Karla's married too.
M: (chuckles) Really? To who?
K: To Mommy. We love other. (pause) Mommy pick Karla up and carry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment