Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Little Milestones

This week I noticed some little milestones.

*I all of a sudden noticed that when Karla and I went into a store for our errands I was holding her hand in the parking lot - not carrying her. That just started this week. I have to say my arms and wrist are a bit relieved. She is getting big! I've noticed less carrying her/picking her up at home too...it is a little sad but I'm thankful too. I know it is time. :) I've tried to get her to hold my hand rather than be carried before when we are out but she always wanted "up-uh".

*Monday the 3 of us had dinner at Chik Fil A. There is a ladder in a "tube" type thing (sorry don't know how to explain it) and she always needed another little kid or ME to help her. It is a tight-not-so-fun fit for me. This week - her little legs were long enough to get her up all by herself. We cheered for her and you could tell by looking at her face that she was quite proud of herself. She went up the ladder and down the slide more than she ever has before.

*Last Sunday I was gone most of the day - I had a day off! - and at one point I called home to make sure everyone was okay. :) Karla answered the phone and had a little conversation with me! She also talked on the phone with Nana Shirley this week. After I hung up the phone I again wondered, where did my baby go? She truly is a little girl...but I have to call her "big girl" when she is listening. :)

*We had a playdate with Austin on Thursday at a park. It was really the most she has played with another little kid at a park. She and Austin found two older kids too and were pretending to buy ice cream at a pretend store, they all 4 got on a tire swing together and were talking and swinging. At one point Austin and Karla were at the top of a slide just sitting there talking, having a conversation. When they saw that both of us moms were trying to hear what they were saying, they turned away from us and kept on talking!! Are they old enough to be doing that?

I've been slacking on pictures lately! Here are a few:
Come on Oso, lets pose again...

This is how you do it Oso!

No comments: