Wednesday Karla had a physical with her pediatrician. She is 28.6 lbs (50th percentile) and 35 1/2" (25th percentile). I forgot to ask what her height was last time they measured her but Jason and I have kept track on the above pictured wall. She has grown almost an inch in just 5 months! We've seen 2 people this week that hadn't seen Karla in 3-4 weeks and both said she looked so much taller. I think the "no diaper look" does something for her too! :)
Today we had to go to her allergist for a check-up. We increased her asthma medication that she receives in her nebulizer on Aug 22 after 1 1/2 months of a decreased amount. The doctor said we should continue at this higher dose for the next several months. When we go back we'll talk about using an inhaler with a spacer (she used this after she was hospitalized last winter) rather than using the nebulizer. That means treatment would only be a minute rather than up to 15 minutes! He said it depends on how she handles the spacer - meaning will she sit there for a minute and breathe in and out while we do it. I think she definitely will. She is so good about the nebulizer - it is just part of her routine.
In the picture Karla is wearing the outfit Jason bought her in San Francisco in Chinatown last week.
I've been meaning to mention that I added a "widget" (I think that is what it is called) at the bottom of my blog. It has a countdown of days until Karla's birthday. I found it online and thought it was neat. Karla talks about her birthday for some reason almost everyday so I thought I'd get excited about it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment