Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Funny Karla Things

At dinner Sunday night Karla was telling us about what she learned at Sunday School. Then she proceeded to tell us that God was sitting at the table with us in one of our two extra chairs. Then she told us that Jesus was sitting in the other extra chair. The next day, without thinking of course, I tried to sit in "God's chair" and she yelled "no sit there Mommy, God's chair". Then we talked about sharing and she decided God would share the chair with me. Although I have to admit...I felt a bit strange sitting in God's chair. :)

Last night we were watching an episode of The Backyardigans. "The Cave Party" for those of you who are familiar with the Backyardigans. Anyway, it was the first time we had seen the episode and Pablo and two of his friends were trying to walk on ice and fell down. Karla, for some reason, thought this was hilarious. Then Pablo and his friends put on ice skates and started to skate. Karla jumped up and said "Be back Mommy. Ice skate Pablo. Jump in TV." She wanted to jump in the TV to skate with Pablo. So then we had to discuss WHY that wouldn't work. She was so excited at the thought of jumping in the TV and skating with Pablo I wished I could let her do it! :)

In other news...Jason, his dad and brother labored on the shed for more than half the day yesterday. Jason just has to put shingles on and work on the door latch. Then paint the whole thing. It is looking good though!

1 comment:

The Heinrichs said...

Those stories are cute! I love their imaginations at this age!!!