These are a few of Karla's favorite things right now.
Since I have many moles, Karla is very interested in them right now and I think she is wishing she had one. She had a tiny scratch on her nose earlier this week and it was circular so she kept telling me she had a mole. Unfortunately, last night in the bathtub when I washed her face, the little scab came off. I didn't tell her and I don't think she has noticed yet.
For some reason (Aunt BETH) Karla is very interested in holes, particularly in NOSES and ears (yes, piercings). She also finds holes in everything else too (not body piercings) - under the table, in a piece of wood on the deck, toys where they are screwed together etc., and things I would never have noticed holes in before. Since Karla spent the day with Aunt Beth and her 3 cousins over a week ago Karla tells me everyday that "Tia Beth - hole - nose". Then she looks at the holes in my ears...and it has actually made me start wearing earrings again. :) I hadn't been taking time to put them in. No, I will not be getting my nose pierced...and (hint, hint) hopefully other Tias won't either. Oh - and even though Karla likes wearing her clip-on princess earrings that Grandma gave her and saying she has a hole in her ear - she is not getting her ears pierced!
Boo-boos...oh...I think Jason and I are tired of hearing that word. She has a few right now and we hear about them ALL the time. She is also aware of everyone else's boo-boos. This includes if you bump into something, which it seems like Jason and I do a lot this week because we have a huge refrigerator in the middle of our kitchen (that is another story). Karla now has a limit of 3 band-aids per day. She doesn't know there are band-aids with Dora and other characters on them yet so we are using plain old band-aids. :)
Karla has been saying "tunnel" almost the entire time she has been home with us. I think it is because of the Dora tunnel Aunt Beth got her. She makes tunnels out of everything. Her creativity for this amazes me. I am a tunnel in the kitchen (she runs between my legs) and at bath time (my arm is a tunnel on the side of the tub so her toys can go under). She can make Oso be a tunnel and lots of other things...I just can't remember all of them right now.
In other news:
*this week wasn't too great so I am not going to take time to reflect on it. Maybe I will tell the fridge story when it is over...it will be continuing this Tuesday.
*we took Karla to the doctor again this week on Friday (Jason came too) and we (Jason, myself and doctor) feel confident that Karla is having congestion, coughing (sometimes this causes her to wake up at night-which we don't need) because of allergies. I was so hesitant to take her AGAIN Friday but even Jason agreed with me that we should. :) It was good because the doctor has gotten to see her a few times now and gotten to know ALL about her. The doctor is now confident that there isn't anything going on other than allergies. Her ears, throat, and lungs were fine - which made me relax some. However, her nose continues to be very "pale and swollen" indicating allergies. I guess if it was red that would mean infection and Karla's has not been red since we've seen this doctor. Karla sounds so congested sometimes so now we know it is nasal and post nasal drip (sorry to gross ya out) - not something more serious.
*Karla is now taking allergy medicine and a nasal spray. I will be scheduling an appointment with an allergist soon. I had to go through all that when I was little :( She fits right in with both sides of my family!
*the past two nights Karla has slept until 5:45-6 am and then gone back to sleep after I go into her room. We'll pray this continues. Thank you for prayers this week!!!
*I am blogging right now because we are at Grammy and Pap-Pap's and both Tio Kevin and Tio Ryan are here. I'm "hiding" in the computer room. :) Time for ice cream so I will re-emerge. :)
HAPPY EASTER everyone!!
I uploaded some new pics to flickr the other day. I have more from today's Easter egg hunt and Karla's choir practice! I will hopefully upload them in the next day or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment