Jump for joy!
Easter weekend in review:
Friday Jason took the day off. The three of us went to Karla's doctor in the morning. (fun, fun) Then after Karla's nap (which Daddy attempted to lay her down for - lots of screaming followed and Mommy was at the store and had to come home) Karla and I made some Easter cupcakes and dinner. We were in the kitchen for a very long time. We had fun though. We tried a new dinner recipe but none of us really liked it. We all liked the cupcakes though. :)
Saturday morning Karla had choir practice at church. She has been practicing each Sunday for the Easter morning service for several weeks now. She really likes one of the songs and sings it (or makes me sing it) a lot at home. We weren't going to get our hopes up about her getting up in front of church to actually sing but the choir director told us she was doing the hand gestures each practice and that was all she really expected of the 2 year olds. I should say Karla is the 2nd youngest in the group. Grammy and Pap-Pap came to practice with us since they were going to be at their church on Sunday morning. Karla stood up front the whole time and did some hand gestures. She danced a little too but I don't think there was much singing. I was impressed though! I am going to post a video on flickr. It was too cute - of course I cried.
After practice we came home and dyed eggs. I think Karla is still a little young to understand what we were doing but she liked taking the eggs in and out of the colors...every few seconds.
After nap we went to Grammy and Pap-Pap's for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. Karla found lots of eggs in their backyard and of course got some presents - a lawn mower that blows bubbles and some other bubble toys...and chocolate.
On Easter morning Karla enjoyed pulling her gifts out of her basket.
We went to church and when it was time for Karla's little group to sing - she wouldn't do it. She was standing up front reaching for me saying "Mommy". So I went up quickly, tried to get her to stand there with the other kids and then just sat down with her in the front row - in case she decided she wanted to go up when they started singing. She didn't want to sing until the group and the two of us had to head back to our seats. Then she started crying and saying "sing, sing". Oh my. Then, it was my Sunday to be in the toddler room so Karla and I and lots of other kids hung out there for the rest of the service. It was a little overwhelming. I felt exhausted by 12:00pm. Then we (well, Jason) drove to Ohio to my parents. I finally relaxed. Karla visited with her 4 great-grandparents and Grandma and Grandpa for a while before her 3 cousins and Aunt and Uncle arrived. Then things got loud and fun for Karla! :) She had another Easter hunt that had clues hidden in eggs. Grandpa can you read this for me?
Today Jason got to go to the Y with us for Karla's last gym class. We are taking a break from Y classes since it should be warming up and we can be outside more. After the class we went swimming for a little bit. It was kind of cold so we didn't stay long.
This evening we went to look at a few swing sets for the backyard. All we want is 3-4 swings and a slide. Everything is so big and elaborate! We've got to keep looking. Then we went to Moe's for dinner. Karla had never been there and it is one of our favorite restaurants. I hadn't been there since before Guatemala!!! One of the workers (possibly the manager) took a real liking to Karla and even got to hold Oso. We had a great dinner! Karla even ate a taco.
Today I also made an appointment with an allergist in a couple weeks. I'll be glad when that is over.
Check flickr for more pictures!
Tomorrow our fridge story continues...
No comments:
Post a Comment