Tomorrow it will be FIVE months since Karla has been home! That means she has been with me for almost 6 months now. I can't believe it! :) I'm still not to the point yet where I can say..."it feels like she has always been here". But that isn't a bad thing. Everything is new and exciting with her. Like tonight, we went to Arby's for dinner and then to Costco. Who thought that could be the best night out? Especially at dinner when we were sitting in the booth and Karla was leaning against me and at one point holding my hand while eating. Doesn't get much better than that!
Karla is almost 2 years, 5 months old. Am I old enough to have a child that age? :)
We were invited to two different birthday parties today but didn't go to either one. Karla and I weren't feeling our best...another cold... :(
This week Karla enjoyed making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I know it is a fall-type thing but that is how long I've been wanting to try the recipe. Thanks Ann! They were very good! Might make more this week.
Notice Karla's new Elmo pants from the sale we went to last Saturday...and the Elmo "scrunchies" in her hair from Tia Beth. Karla loved the pants - and they got covered with chocolate and flour!
I think the highlight of Karla's week was when Tio Ryan came over for dinner and some quality play time on Friday night. He was officially on spring break! I told Karla in the afternoon that he would be coming over for dinner...and then that is ALL she wanted to talk about the rest of the afternoon! She was very excited!
In other Karla news, she has started to daily go through all her family members (Mommy, Daddy, 4 grandparents, 3 cousins, aunts and uncles) and has to state where they are - home, work, school. Sometimes we do this multiple times a day. I don't know how she remembers everyone's name!
Karla went with me to my yearly endocrinology appointment. I have had the appointment scheduled for a long time and didn't have anyone to watch Karla on that day. Luckily she was an angel! All the office staff just made a big fuss over her. I was very proud of her. She seemed to like watching Mommy be the one to have her blood pressure taken, etc. instead of her. She looked happy because she knew exactly what the blood pressure cuff was and the stethoscope. Whoever invented the play doctor kit was very smart!
This week we had some visitors. My friends Sara and Jennifer came over (yeah for Spring Break!) and then we had a playdate with Austin.
Monday Karla was more outgoing in gym class. She had a substitute teacher so I would have thought that she would be quiet like usual...not this time. The teacher asked what they had eaten for breakfast and I was shocked when Karla yelled out "Cheerios".
Today Karla spent some time helping Daddy with household projects because I was really tired and not feeling good. Here they are, preparing the space for our new refrigerator (coming Tuesday) by removing a section of baseboard. (Yes, Karla was in her PJs most of the day with wild hair...but isn't that what Saturday is for?)
No comments:
Post a Comment