Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Doctor's Report


This is Karla with her nebulizer and mask on. I read a story to her while she sits on her bed.

I took Karla to the doctor this morning. This is the first time we had to wait at the office...so it feels like it consumed a lot of the day...well, that and the wait at the pharmacy. Anyway, I told the doctor all about our allergist appointments and ER visit last week and her continued symptoms this week. Then the doctor listened to her and said she was definitely wheezing. She said that, yes, Karla should be improving with all the meds she has - that was one of my questions. So, instead of today being the last day of antibiotics for Karla, she started a new one..a different one. Karla continues to have a lot of nasal congestion, post nasal drip and on and off low grade fevers. The doctor said she wants me to call her on Thursday to let her know if there is improvement. If there isn't then she doesn't want to wait any longer to do a chest x-ray.

Karla took a very short nap today (part of why I couldn't update the blog) and was more active this afternoon than she has been in days. So...maybe she is improving?? I hope! But that tends to be her pattern. She seems better and then a little while later, she's feverish or wheezing.

I realize this is a difficult time of year health-wise, especially if you have allergies. I just don't like seeing her so "pathetic". One good thing is she likes hugging and sitting on me and says "love you, Mommy" in a sweet little voice many times a day.

We'll see what the next two days bring...

No comments: