Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two Quick Stories

**I wrote this as a draft weeks ago. It is Karla's dialogue with Santa. :)

When Karla first saw Santa she slowly walked up to him. She looked up at him and - as he was lifting her up into his lap - she said "You are such a big guy". Santa kind of chuckled and said "Yes, I am". Santa asked Karla what she wanted for Christmas and since she was a bit nervous she just said "a gray present". I don't think he heard what she said but he kept talking to her and asked if she had been a good girl. Of course she answered "yes". After he told her about how she needed to go to bed early on Christmas Eve (Jason and I thought, "wow maybe this REALLY is Santa, he knows what to say to Karla!") he set her back on the ground. She was standing directly in front of him just looking at him and then said "I lub (love) Santa" and "I have gloves on just like Santa". Then Santa gave her a piece of candy. It was candy she'd never had before (taffy, I think) so she was happy as could be.


**Karla likes a song on a CD we have in the car called "Do To Others". We listen to it a lot and the other day I found a way to work "doing unto others as you'd have them do unto you" into a real life situation. I thought I'd taught her something. Then yesterday, she saw a commercial on TV with a girl in a tutu. She said, "Hey Mommy!! Look!! TUTU others! Like the song in the car." .....uh, we'll keep working on it. :)

No comments: