Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nice Catch!!

We've had some fun this past week.

We had a playdate with Aaron and Aidan that included playing at our house and then eating at Chik Fil A.

We went to visit Mammaw and Peepaw since we hadn't had a chance to see them for Christmas yet. Karla got spoiled there, of course. She got some new gifts and then we ate in the cafeteria and Peepaw gave Karla her own money to pay for her lunch. She really liked that. She had some money left over after she ate her lunch so she went back for ice cream. :)

I shouldn't have said anything about Karla sleeping through the night. I think that trend is over again for a while. She has now just started to be afraid at night. Ugh... Another challenge...

Playing a game with Mammaw:

Karla with her friends Aidan and Aaron.

Karla is "into" babies right now. Real ones...not dolls - Barbies are still tops! She likes to "help" babies. She was helping Aaron pose for the pictures.


Karla had her third swim lesson on Monday. She couldn't get over to her classmates (and away from me) fast enough once we were on the pool deck. She barely looked back at me. She looks so cute out in the water! She is the youngest and smallest one so when they get out into deeper water she reaches for her teacher or her friend Sophia. It doesn't bother her though. She just knows she needs a little help to keep up. I could tell through the window this past week that she was talking a lot to her teacher. I wondered (worried :) ) what she might be saying to her! During her lesson Karla "fell" in the pool. The 5 kids and the teacher were by the "deeper" pool - it is about 4 ft I think. The kids were sitting on the side of the pool while the teacher was out in the water with one of the kids. (The teacher never goes out very far, she stays close to the whole group of kids) I'm not sure exactly what happened but Karla kind of slipped in from the side of the pool. She had just taken her turn in the water. I saw her teacher catch her right away and I could see that Karla was smiling or laughing so I knew she was fine. I didn't really think much about it until after class when I went in to get Karla. Her teacher came up to me and told me Karla fell in today...she knows I watch her class like a hawk. :) I said I saw her....but I was wondering why she was laughing when she told me. Then she said - as she was still chuckling a little bit - "I know I shouldn't be laughing because it wasn't funny that she fell in but when I caught her, Karla said "Nice catch" very enthusiastically. She said it was so funny. She was still laughing about it after class. I can just hear Karla saying that!

I got in the pool after the lesson with Karla this week. It makes me happy to see Karla in the water. She really loves it. I haven't been in the pool with her in a while since her Daddy usually takes her. So this time, she let me hold her a lot. Usually she doesn't want you to touch her at all. She swims alone - with her floatie. Of course, we were pretending to be Little Bo Peep and a sheep. But Bo Peep and the sheep gave lots of hugs, got lost, missed each other, hugged some more, etc. So it was fun!

No comments: