Sunday, January 10, 2010

Another Week

We haven't been doing too much lately because it has been too cold!

*Friday we stayed in all day. Karla saw me putting some yarn away in the morning and said she wanted to sew. I thought about that for a few minutes and remembered that I had a little "My First Sewing Project" that I had used with my niece a few years ago. There was one little project left. Even though the box said "ages 6 and up" I thought we'd try it. It was just 2 heart shaped pieces of felt with pre-punched holes to put a plastic "needle" through with yarn. I knew she could lace since we'd tried yarn through holes in a paper plate before (I used to work with occupational therapists...wanted to keep Karla up to speed with those skills). :) She did it without a lot of help! She would work on it for a little while and then play with something else, then go back to it. After she finished it we glued little sequins on it. Of course she HAD to do that part by herself too! We both enjoyed the "project". I'll have to take a picture of her with the heart.


*The other day I said to Karla: "Please come here, dear." She said, "I'm not a deer. I'm not Rudolph!" It took me a minute to get it - and then I started laughing. :)

*I'm now halfway through the Twilight series but I'm taking a few days off before starting the third book. :) I am actually going to try to be on my computer a little less this year. So many other things to do. I set New Year's goals instead of "resolutions". I read about someone else doing that...I didn't think of that myself. I wrote the goals down too...don't usual do that!! So I've been trying to get started on those too...and it is only the 2nd week of January! Hope I keep the momentum going.

*My sister and my friend found out the sex of their babies this week - both are having GIRLS!!!! :) My parents are going to have a 5th granddaughter! :)

*I'm off to make a "book" about bedtime. We photographed all the "steps" of our routine tonight. Karla enjoys books, especially when she is featured in them so I am hoping that if we read the bedtime book enough it will help make that time of the day better. Wonder how many "tricks" we've tried for bedtime.... I'd rather not think about that. We do have days or stretches of time when it goes pretty well...but there are some really hard stretches too!!

*A picture from New Year's Day


Oh! Tomorrow is Karla's first swim class of the year. She will be going in the pool (to class) without me for the first time!! I am sure I am more nervous about it than she is. I think she will be fine. I will be able to watch through a glass wall but still.... The other thing that is REALLY helping (me) is that her friend Sophia will be in her class! I think there are 4 kids in the class.

No comments: