We spent New Year's Eve with some friends who live nearby. They have an 18 month old son so it works out that our celebration ends a couple hours before midnight. :) They fed us dinner and then we watched the kids play and we played some Wii.
New Year's Day we got to see Jason's family as well as his two cousins, Aunt and Uncle. Karla LOVED having more people to give her individual attention. She has talked about all 4 of them ever since!
I haven't felt like blogging much lately for some reason. Part of it might have to do with the fact that I'm reading the Twilight series. I'm behind the craze but oh well. I find myself just wanting to read whenever I have free time in the evening. :)
Karla and Jason made some snowmen on New Year's Eve Day. I ran to the store and when I came back there were the two snowmen (Daddy and Baby) in the front yard as well as Karla and Jason waiting to greet me in the driveway...with snowballs. It was pretty hilarious to watch Karla TRY to throw a snowball at my car with a huge grin on her face. It flew right behind her head. Wish I could have gotten a picture...she is pretty cute all bundled up!
When we saw Carey and Lola last week they brought a gift bag for us from Heidy and her family that they had picked up when they were in Guatemala in November. Karla received a nice note from Jennifer (glad Diana and Hugo were here to translate), a figurine type thing from Jennifer, a doll and a tablecloth type thing with ducks on it. I didn't expect to receive anything but got 4 matching placemats with napkins, a napkin holder and a little zippered bag. Jason got a wallet that says Guatemala on it. In the wallet was a picture of Karla that we have never seen before!! I'm not sure how old she would have been....probably just a few months. I think it was probably with documents Heidy had for fostering Karla. Jason and I were really excited to receive the picture!! We took pictures to send to everyone in Guatemala.
Us with our gifts from Guatemala:
More later....Still have to write about Karla's curly hair and the camel (two separate stories!)
1 comment:
That's my favorite zippered bag from Guatemala...I actually use it as my wallet!!!
Post a Comment