Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time with Family

We've been busy for the past week! Karla and I got to see a couple of my high school friends and their kids last week. Then on Sunday Grandma "Non-uh" and Grandpa "fah-fah" came over. Karla had lots of fun! She got both Grandma and Grandpa to hide in her favorite spot - under Daddy's desk - multiple times. I love this picture because she got both of them under there at the same time. She took her good old time trying to find them too! We all got a good laugh of her pretending to look for them and not being able to find them.

Then we all went on a walk and finally Karla played in her pool with the four of us for an audience.

Last night we went to the farm show with Tio Ryan, Grammy "No-nee" and Pap-Pap. We walked around and saw the animals first. Karla warmed up to the animals the longer we were there and did pet several of them. Then she found the rides! She had seen the ferris wheel from the road on our way in and said she wanted to go "round and round" on it. I didn't really think she meant it but she didn't forget! So the first ride was the Ferris wheel! Then the carousel. I sat on a bench on the carousel in front of Karla. I was all teared up and could have cried very easily because I was so happy just to hear Karla laughing and see her smiling and LOVING the carousel. Never thought making a little person happy could make me so happy! :)


Needless to say Karla loved the other rides too! I hardly recognized her she was so excited to go on each and every ride...and didn't even mind going on them alone!!

I've got LOTS of pictures from the farm show so I'll have to upload them to flickr sometime.
That is it for now!

No comments: