Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good Day

Karina emailed me this evening and said that baby Javier is "okay" but won't be home from the hospital for another 8 weeks. I can't believe it but I actually feel like I would like to go to Guatemala to be with Heidy and Karina! Don't worry - I'm not. :) Just didn't really think I'd have a strong desire to go back this soon.

I just called Karina a little while ago. It is so strange because I want to talk to her so badly but what we can say to each other is so limited because of her English and my non-existent Spanish. It's like the times I was actually with Heidy...I wanted to talk to her and ask her things so badly but I really could only get the basics through translation. Ugh! Karina just confirmed what she told me in the email earlier - that Javier is going to be in the hospital for 8-10 weeks. Heidy isn't able to see the baby much right now so Heidy is pretty upset. Karina said that she is going to see Heidy tomorrow and call us when they are together. She thought it might cheer Heidy up. We'll see. She might be disappointed Karla doesn't speak Spanish anymore. :)

Then I called our friend Diana in Guatemala who helped me out so much when I was there last October. It has been several months since I talked to her so it was great to hear her voice and pick up where we left off! Her English is quite good so it is much easier to talk to her.

I'm so proud of Karla, my BIG girl. We ventured out this morning to a friend's house. We were there for a few hours and three times Karla came to me, told me she had to go to the bathroom, walked to the bathroom with me willingly, and went on the big potty!!!!

Two times today Karla walked up to me, stuck her finger in the air saying "one minute, Mommy. I'll be right back", walked to the bathroom by herself, sat on her potty, said"come watch me", and then did her business! She didn't have any accidents today!! A few times she wasn't happy she had to disrupt her play to go into the bathroom but overall I'm so pleased with how the week has gone and I think she is too!

Isn't my life exciting?? :) Haha

No comments: