Karla had a low grade fever for most of yesterday, until about 5pm. Then she perked up for a bit until right before bedtime. She seems to be back to normal today. Thank goodness!
I have been planning Big Girl Day for about 2 weeks so I was glad she was better this morning!
Today is "Big Girl Day" at our house. I thought that sounded better than "potty training day". I'm using a combination of things people suggested and then a lot of what was recommended in a book called "Potty Training in One Day" by Narmin Parpia. So this morning we woke up and all 3 came downstairs to the hall right outside the bathroom. There were 6 little presents for Karla wrapped in "Ariel" (princess) wrapping paper. She got
*a shoe box with pull-ups in it (we are calling them big girl underwear for sleeping). I put them in a shoe box since the box they come in looks like a diaper box...she called the pull-ups swimming diapers when she opened that. Hope that is okay. I just don't think she's ready to be diaperless at night yet.
*Tinkerbell underwear (she already has Elmo and Dora)
*a 2-liter of Sprite (we don't let her drink pop but I thought this would be okay today since the book recommends having her drink LOTS today)
*a "drink and wet" doll
*underwear and bottle for doll (these came with the doll but I had to play with the doll last night to see how it worked so I wrapped them separately)
*stamps with ink (we realized at the farm show Karla likes these - so these are for reinforcement after using the potty)
We then collected all the diapers in the house and put them in a bag and "got rid of them". We folded up her changing table in her bedroom. We taught the doll how to drink from her bottle and then use the potty when she needed to.
Karla is now taking a nap and is 2:2. Two accidents, two successes.
We'll see what happens this afternoon...no turning back now. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How cute! And what a great idea! Did Karla love it? How did the rest of yesterday go?
Post a Comment