Monday, August 3, 2009

More highlights

Okay, so I am probably never going to have time to sit down and blog about everything I want to blog about.

Here are a few more highlights.

Last week Karla went to VBS (Son Rock Kids Camp) every night. She went to her class when it was time each night and didn't take Oso! That is a big thing! Oso usually goes everywhere. Then on Thursday and Friday night while I was getting things ready for my class, when Karla usually played in the room while I was setting things up, she walked up to me and said "Bye bye Mommy. Class." She wanted to go to her class on her own - before it was time. The first night I was so shocked I just looked at her and then she smiled at me so I asked for a hug. She hugged me and then off she went. I did follow her a moment later to make sure she made it to her room and that her teacher was there. She was already settling in to her room. I had tears in my eyes!!! One of the other teachers saw me and I told them what had happened. She said she remembered when we first brought Karla home and she would cry if we tried to leave her in the toddler room without us. She said we'd come a long way. And that we have!

Friday night at VBS all the kids sang for their parents. Karla didn't want to get up and sing. I was disappointed because we'd been singing the songs in the car ALL week!! And she liked to sing them! But, Friday night she was tired and I hadn't told her that all the kids would be "performing". So Sunday morning at church all the kids were going to sing again. We talked to her about it before church and told her she could take Oso up and that if she wanted, she could hold her friend Sophia's hand. She said "okay". So when it was time for the kids to sing she went up (without me) holding Sophia's hand and Oso. She stayed up there the whole time! I really didn't expect her to go up at all so I didn't have my camera. Thanks to Jenna, (Sophia and Ava's mom) we have some pictures! She didn't sing but she did a few gestures and made one of her "silly" faces at Jason a few times. Tears in my eyes again....

Sophia is in the green shirt behind Karla, Ava is to the left of Karla and Karla's friend Josiah is on her right.


The other thing that consumed some time last week was our 3 month old refrigerator. To make a long story short...it was not a good fridge so we got a new one (again) last Tuesday. It was a little battle though!!

My great-uncle and great-aunt made this awesome dollhouse for Karla! She has played with little else since she got it a week ago. It is awesome!



I have uploaded more pictures to flickr! :)

No comments: