Monday, March 9, 2009

Weeeeee



Karla seems better since we started the Zyrtec Friday night. She has only woken up twice each night - and at this point I feel that is manageable. I hope tonight is the same or better. I spent almost 15 minutes on the phone with the social worker (who worked with our previous pediatrician) today talking about night-time sleeping. I had called her Friday morning when I was feeling near despair about the sleep situation and before we went to the doctor. She returned my call today and gave some additional suggestions and I guess validated my feelings on the subject. I thought it was really nice of her to take the time to talk with me - for free! She told me to keep in touch and let her know how Karla is doing.

We had a busy day! Karla started her first gym class at the Y. It is a 30 minute class of songs, situps, push-ups, obstacle course, scooters and games. It seemed like we were only there 5 minutes and then the class was over - we were so busy! It was fun although I am pretty sure I got more exercise than Karla. She was shy at first so I had to carry her for part of the exercises. Yeah, my arms are sore. There are 18 kids in the class and there really wasn't time to talk to other moms but i think Karla is one of the youngest in the class (it is for 2-5 year olds). We hung out (ran around) in the gym for a while after class was over.

Karla took a long nap today! I had to wake her up after 2 1/2 hours because we had to take my car to get inspected. After being at Meineke for 45 min. a man came out and told me that he didn't want me driving my car home because it looked like my back right tire could fly off at any moment and it was a good thing I had come in! That would have scared me before but thinking that is the main car Karla rides in made me extra thankful nothing happened. It was early evening and they weren't going to get a new wheel bearing (sp?) until tomorrow. He even took me to our tire - less car to show me how bad the bearing was. Karla got to see the inside of a car shop - while she was tightly in my arms of course. I thought she'd be scared by the noise or the fact that our car had no tires but she didn't care at all.

One of the workers said he would take us home in the "company's car" since we live maybe 5 minutes away. We had to get Karla's car seat in this really old (stinky) car. I was again thinking this would bother her - being in a different car. Nope! You would have thought she was on a ride at Kennywood, pointing to all of the features in the car, saying "weeeee" and all! It was quite humorous. It was while she was enjoying herself that I realized something very disturbing...Oso was left behind at Meineke!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!! I told our friendly driver and he said he understood and would set Oso aside the minute he returned to the store and he'd be waiting with our car tomorrow. I said...oh, no...my husband will be stopping by to get him on his way home from work so we all can sleep tonight. :)

Oso hasn't been needed nearly as much lately. In fact, lately I put him in the diaper bag and leave him there when we go places. Karla often doesn't ask for him until we are in the car on the way home. She didn't ask for Oso this evening until about 3 minutes before her Dad got home. Whew.

Yesterday Grammy and Pap-Pap brought over a little tricycle for Karla. She LOVED it. I missed part of the action because I had to go sit in the garage because I was crying. I don't even know why. I was happy and sad. I was sad because we had just shopped for a "big" bed for her so we can put the other bed back in the guest room. Then I was seeing her on a "big" bike - I still can't believe she isn't a baby sometimes. I was happy because she was in OUR driveway at OUR home, where I've imagined her for so long. Jason came to check on me and pulled me back out to the driveway so I didn't "miss anything". When we returned Karla and her grandparents weren't there any more. I turned to Jason and said "Did Karla just turn 16 and drive away....and I missed it because I was crying????" We had a good laugh and then found them around the side of the house. :)



Thursday is our big day! Court hearing and ALL adoption related paperwork and issues are DONE DONE DONE!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You would think after months of reading your blog I would stop crying at your entries!

Glad to hear things are going smoother. Can't wait for the update from Thursday!

Adrianna said...

I was about to email you about Oso coming to Playhouse Disney, but see you've already be informed! BUT- you can play Oso games on playhousedisney.com now! Ava's a big fan already!