Monday, December 22, 2008

Who needs toys?

Not a post topic you want to see before Christmas. :)

I bought these storage drawers at Target on Sunday for about $18 - and they have entertained Karla for the past day and a half. Oso goes in and out. She gets in and out. Other little things get put on and in. Quite amazing how many different things she can think of to do with it.

The drawers are to keep her Play-Doh, crayons, and other "craft" things in. They may have to be placed higher up if I actually want them to be functional.

I didn't finish my shopping yet...I don't like being this last minute! I was almost done on Sunday when I went out when I received a call from home. Karla was getting upset that I couldn't be found in any of the rooms of the house. So, I rushed right home. I didn't want to take her out in this horribly cold weather today - so tomorrow it is! At least I know what I need/want to get now and can hopefully be in and out.

This weekend Karla had a visit from her great-grandparents. She was calling them by name and had lots of fun playing with them. It was hard to tell who was having the most fun! I think it is pretty awesome that Karla has 4 great-grandparents. I have to say I haven't seen these two down on the floor (even crawling!) like they were Saturday in quite some time. :) Here is a picture of Karla opening a gift from Mammy and Pappy.


Today Karla and I stayed inside where it is nice and warm. We did some cleaning. I finally got out my winter clothes and put them in my closet. (I guess I was hoping we would have Guatemala-like weather this winter but no such luck). Karla was entertained by looking at and trying on all of my shoes.

This evening Aunt Brenda stopped by for a little while. She had fun reading a story to Karla. She may be famous for being able to use several silly voices. Tonight when she was reading "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" Karla tried imitating one of the voices - and did pretty well. It was SO funny. Brenda and I were laughing like crazy and Karla was fake laughing. She has just started fake laughing and fake crying. I don't think she really knew why we were laughing so much but knew she should be laughing too. That made Bren and I laugh even more. I tell ya, Aunt Brenda and Karla seem to have a lot in common sometimes. One thing is for sure they both always make me smile and laugh!

I took fun (beautiful) pictures of Karla yesterday in her fancy dress. I'm saving them for a Christmas Eve post! :)

No comments: