Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pictures and Comments

I keep saying I'm not going to upload that many pictures to flickr....but...there are so many good ones. I uploaded a lot today so check it out! :)

As time permits I have been writing little things I think of to blog about...

On Thanksgiving Day we went to Grammy and Pap-Pap's. Karla may be a little spoiled. After her Thanksgiving dinner (of mostly corn) she tried some pie. (see the pictures) Actually, she was given the remainder of the pie to do whatever she wanted with (eat the crust off the top). Even Uncle Kevin, a pie lover, didn't object to this - I think he suggested it! Then she was given the cool whip container that was still mostly full. Who else would have been able to get away with all of that!?

In recent days Karla has said the following words: Santa, you're welcome (sounds like wowowo), wave, ear, egg, stretch, enchilada (lada) and bum (for her bottom).

Yesterday, my good friend Jennifer taught Karla to sign "thank you" and identify and say "cheek". Karla attempted to say "Jennifer" but I can't even think of how to write it. :)

Karla still requests the radio on when we get in the car. Actually she says "God" and points to the radio because she wants me to play her favorite song (Let God Arise). I like the song, but I have to admit, hearing it so many times in one week...I could use a break. :) She sings constantly whenever she is in the car. If she runs out of songs she knows she just starts singing words she knows: Mommy, Poppy, Daddy, baby, Oso, Elmo...

Karla is getting used to the grocery store routine (for our frequent trips to get fresh apples, bananas, OJ, and bread - her main foods). She will sit in the cart the whole time. This makes checking out a lot easier. She sits in the cart and tells me when to swipe my credit card by waving her hand at the machine. She also "reminds" me to put the filled grocery bags into our cart.

We've had two good days and nights in a row of sleeping. I hope tonight is another good one.

Karla still has a cough but sounds and looks much better.

No comments: