Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Our week

I think we're back to normal this week. Just allergies bothering us both. Last week I had to take Karla to the doctor because she was so congested (sinus infection)and her asthma was flaring up. She was wheezing and pretty miserable. She got an antibiotic and we had to increase her asthma meds a lot! I felt like all we were doing last week was breathing treatments with her nebulizer. Every 4 hours.... I can't complain (too much) because she feels better, it definitely helps her, and having a nebulizer at home is much better than the alternative.

Here are some random thoughts for this week:

*We went to Walmart at the end of last week and I had told Karla she could get any color nail polish she wanted. I didn't realize there were so many "odd" colors or I wouldn't have said exactly that. We were having a great time looking at all the different colors when she saw blue nail polish. She said "Oh Mommy! Blue! Your favorite color. I want blue because it is your favorite!" I just couldn't say no...even though now I wish I had. She's even told everyone (including the doc today) that she picked blue because it is my favorite color. So, Karla is sporting blue fingernails and toenails.

*We've been enjoying warm weather and sunshine!!! Karla continues to love her scooter and her swingset. She is also playing with other kids in the neighborhood this year! Last year she was perfectly content just playing with me...this year...she wants to be where the action is. Karla and our next door neighbor (who is exactly one year older than Karla) have really enjoyed playing with each other so far this year. Karla asks about the other little girl everyday. Well, the neighbors are moving. We've had some discussions about moving but Karla doesn't get it yet. She keeps saying "Is she back yet?" and almost cried when I was trying to explain it to her yesterday. They will be gone by the end of the week....so it could be an interesting few days. I think the new people moving in are going to have a 4 year old too...so hopefully Karla will hit it off with him/her.

*As for me, I'm trying to balance housework (laundry, cleaning, errands, cooking) with playing and being outside. I remember having this struggle when the weather got nice last spring/summer. When I get one job caught up (like laundry for example), something else falls way behind (like cleaning).

*Found out last week that I need surgery on my other wrist. I wasn't surprised because of how much it has been bothering me lately...but I was disappointed. Don't want to think about going through all that again...but need/want it fixed at the same time. Not sure when I will be having it done though. I am going to get a second opinion because I was not happy with my last doctor/surgeon.

*I haven't taken pictures in a while! I know what I'll be doing later today...

No comments: