Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Christmas in May

Two weekends ago now...I went to a consignment sale with my mom-in-law, as is our tradition now. We go twice a year and Karla gets most of her clothes there. Then the next day my mom came over and the three of us and Pap-Pap went to our annual garage sale in a large local housing plan. Even though Karla didn't need much...she got stuff! I was actually good and only gave her half of what I bought for her. I'm going to spread it out through the year. The bulk of what I bought was Barbie stuff.

My favorite purchase was a scooter and helmet. She LOVES it! She has a little bike and a little motorized "quad" but has never really spent tons of time on them. The scooter is different! She wants to scoot around the neighborhood everyday. I think she looks so stinkin' cute with the helmet on and her little legs going. I honestly think she likes it because most of the kids in the neighborhood have one and that is what they are riding all the time. It may be easier for her too. She's finally learning to steer with the scooter! With the bike and quad she'd be busy talking or looking at something and forget to steer. Here is a picture of her on the day she got the scooter.
Ready, set, go!

Okay...here's another.
Did you see how cute? And the excitment?

Karla's knees have been bruised and bloodied but she is getting better (and Jason pretty much forbid me from buying her knee pads like I want to).

Here's the new Barbie car...just like one I played with when I was little.


Next time I'll have to post pictures of the leotards Grammy bought Karla....oh and she got tap shoes and ballet shoes too. Yes, Karla is pretty happy right now!

No comments: