Monday, May 17, 2010

3 1/2

Last Monday Karla turned 3 1/2!!! Hard to believe! I'm not sure why I knew that was the day she turned 3 1/2 but I did.

We've both been under the weather so we didn't do anything to celebrate yet. We were just going to make some cookies. :)

Karla and I didn't leave the house for several days so we got to spend lots of time together. I think we both really enjoyed it! Not that we don't spend lots of time together usually but we spent lots of time cuddling on the couch, reading, and just resting together. Didn't worry about anything else...I feel sorry that Jason didn't get dinner, clean laundry or a clean house but oh well...he survived. :) It was nice to just focus on rest and each other. It always amazes me that she seems to sense when I don't feel good and is able to entertain herself more and even ask me how I'm doing. Seems like I get more hugs too. :)

Back to being 3 1/2...

For Mother's Day Grammy and Pap-Pap helped Karla make a card for me. On the inside of the card she wrote the words "love" and "Karla." I have tried many times to get her to write a few letters. She won't do it though. As soon as she knows that I want her to do it...forget it! Anyway, she had minimal help writing the letters. She was given a model to look at but that was it! I couldn't believe it! Then Jason had her write "mommy" on the envelope for a card....she did it without help or a model!!!! I love that the only word she can spell by herself is "mommy." :) She can get most of Karla but not all of it without some assistance. Then she was helping me make dinner in the kitchen the other night (something she wants to do every night now) and I had some cornmeal spread out on a dish. She asked if she could touch it and I said yes. When I looked over at her again she had made an "A" in the cornmeal. I asked her what it was and she said an "A"...and proceeded to make a K, L, A, M. I couldn't believe it! The little stinker! I didn't know she could do that because she refuses when I ask her. I'd even bought her a PRINCESS workbook for tracing letters....she won't even look at it even though the princesses are inside!

Here is a picture of of the card on the left and the envelope on the right.

No comments: