Saturday, November 14, 2009

Party Weekend (part 2)

I left off with Sunday morning. Man, I wish my mom had been here this morning when Karla got up so I could have slept in! :)

Anyway, last Sunday felt like Christmas morning. Mammy and Pappy were here before 9am....so Karla opened her cards and presents. Again, I think I was more excited than she was about the presents, she was very excited about all the attention from Grandma, Mammy, and Pappy though.

People weren't really supposed to bring presents to the party...we had said on the invitation to bring change (pennies, nickels, dimes, etc) to fill up a "treasure chest" to start a bank account for Karla. But, some people brought gifts anyway - which is fine. I just don't want anyone to feel bad if they didn't bring a gift. We just wanted to celebrate with everyone :) I had wanted to do the change rather than gifts because people have been so generous since Karla came home, well, for the past 3 years really. Maybe that is how it is when you have kids...just now thought of that! :)

So Karla got several nice gifts and she spent the morning playing and Jason and I got to talk and watch her play.

Then our company left and the 3 of us took a nap. I think I slept for 2 hours and Karla slept for 2 1/2 hours! It was wonderful! Then we had a nice quiet evening together.

There were probably other things I wanted to mention but now that it has been a week ago...it is harder to remember.



Other highlights from the week:

The three of us went to the Children's Museum on Wednesday. It was a lot of fun. I'm sure we could have spent the entire day there but Karla was exhausted by 1 and fell asleep as soon as we put her in the car. She was almost asleep on Jason's shoulder when we were walking out to the car!

Here is a picture of Karla painting at the museum's studio. For more pictures check the flickr site.


*It has been so sunny out. Karla and I have gone out everyday for at least a little while. We do have some outdoor toys but all she wants to do is RUN. We run down around a cul-de-sac and then around our house a few times. We pretend a witch or the big bad wolf is chasing us. Yes, my neighbors probably have a good laugh but oh well. I do run down the side walk saying "watch out! Here comes the wolf!" or pretending to carry the wolf or some other character Karla imagines. After running we usually swing for a while - I mean Karla swings while I push her "higher and higher". Maybe this is why I'm so tired at night...

*Karla has had what I like to call fantastic tantrums this week. Maybe she knows she is 3 now and decided to stir things up a bit more.

*One day when we were outside she saw the next door neighbor girl outside. She said "Mommy, that is my friend. You stay here." She walked down the sidewalk and made sure I wasn't following her. She didn't want me along when she was talking to her friend!

*I'm having trouble with my wrist still...since February. Finally went to orthopedic doctor this week and am to wear a splint all the time until I go to have an MRI in about 2 weeks. The x-rays were okay except a gap between two bones was slightly larger than expected...which would indicate a problem with a specific ligament.

*We went to church tonight for a spaghetti dinner. We left Oso at church!!!!! Didn't realize it until we got home and we're all tired. Karla's in bed right now and Jason and i are hoping we are not in for the worst night ever. I just didn't think Jason should drive back when we'll be there again in 12 hours. I might be kicking myself in a few hours...I hope not!

Hey....leave me comments! :) I saw that people viewed the party pictures...so I know someone must be reading my ramblings...besides Rachel, Jess and Sara. :)

2 comments:

The Heinrichs said...

Oh...watch out for those terrible 3 tantrums...they are completely normal but take you by surprise!!! Sounds like an awesome birthday! We may have to join you sometime at the Children's Museum!

Kelly said...

So glad the birthday was AWESOME! I can't believe how much she has grown in the last year. It's amazing. You and Jason are doing a marvelous job. So glad you are surrounded by close friends and family!