Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Party Weekend (part 1)

I wanted to blog about the party (weekend). May have to finish later but I'll do what I can now. It all started last Friday. :) Uncle Kevin came home from DC Thursday night just to help out on Friday. So he babysat Karla in the morning while Jason and I ran around getting the food for the party. After Karla's nap the 4 of us went to the church to start setting up. We had to stack chairs and set up tables - a job I was thankful the two guys could do...and not me. :) Then Kevin took us out to dinner - that was a nice treat after a busy day! Karla had a great day because she got lots of "Tio Kevin" time.

Saturday morning the grandparents arrived at our house at 10am and we immediately left for the church to continue with the preparations. Karla and I stayed until after 12:15 and then I brought her home to eat lunch and take a nap. Meanwhile, Jason and his parents and my mom were working hard at the church to prepare the food. I really had NO idea it would take so long. I thought we'd all be able to relax during nap time. Nope. Karla and I got to the church 15 minutes before the party started and the decorations and food were ready and looked great. THANK YOU SO MUCH Grammy, Grandma, Pap-Pap, and Jason!!!! The party wouldn't have been a success without you! These 4 (plus others) were amazing. They helped to refill food, etc. during the party and cleaned up afterwards.

My dad had the important job Saturday night of driving some special guests home. So by the time my mom finished helping clean up, she was too tired to drive herself home to Ohio. So she spent the night at our house. Two of my grandparents spent the night in a hotel nearby so I told them to come over Sunday morning and we'd have Karla open her gifts then - everyone was way too tired Saturday night to open any gifts and we'd already decided we weren't going to get up and go to church the next day. Sunday morning was great! My mom got up with Karla so that Jason and I could sleep some more...of course I was still so wound up I wasn't able to fall back asleep but I think Jason got a few extra z's.

to be continued....

No comments: