I don't know that the mall anticipated such a crowd. Anyway, kids could "meet" Dora (who looked a little creepy) and then Dora, Mrs. Claus and the elves woke Santa up so he could get ready for Christmas. They actually rolled Santa out on a bed fast asleep. The kids had to yell and ring jingle bells (and say "here we go Steelers") to wake him up! Jason and Karla had a view from the second floor (I was in line holding our place) during the show. Karla really liked waking up Santa.
There were several times during our wait to meet Dora that Jason and I thought we should just leave because it was pretty ridiculous BUT it was all worth it to see how excited Karla was. I don't think I've ever seen her quite like that before....and yes it brought tears to my eyes. .....maybe part of the reason I had tears in my eyes was because I was so relieved to be out of the line and able to go outside to get cooled off...hmmmm. No, it was REALLY great to know we did something that made her so excited. :)
Do I really get to meet Dora?
Oh my! I can't believe it!!
This is awesome!
It was worth the 2+ hours in line to see the look on Karla's face when she "met" Dora (for all 30 seconds). :)
Karla also really liked the "Long Lady" as she calls her. She was actually a queen. Karla calls her the long lady though. She was really impressed with her.
After nearly 3 hours of standing around/waiting we made it to Santa (the line for him was actually short)! Karla was afraid but we managed a picture. She told us on the way home that she would see him again and not be scared. So maybe we'll go see him again before Christmas.
1 comment:
This was one of those times when you second guess yourself the whole time you're waiting, only to see the excitement on her face that really makes it all worth it! I agree, she did look a little scary. Dora looked worn out as well.
Post a Comment