The beginning of this week was busy. Monday Grammy had the day off from work so we went to JoAnn Fabrics to get some supplies for Karla's party and for her Halloween costume.
Tuesday we met Mammy and Pappy at Ikea. I've been wanting to get a coffee table to put Karla's dollhouse on..mainly so it is easier for me to play. :) So we got the table and a few other little things and then had lunch at Red Lobster. That was a real treat for me because I usually go to Chik Fil A or McDonald's nowadays. I do love Chik Fil A but I like shrimp just as much! Mammy and I knew we were getting shrimp before we went. Karla surprised me when I read her kids menu choices. She said she wanted popcorn shrimp. I knew she didn't know what it was but ordered it for her anyway. She liked it! I was so happy. Jason doesn't like shrimp...so I'm glad I have someone to eat shrimp with. Okay...enough rambling about that.
Karla helped Daddy put the coffee table together. She LOVES to help either of us with any project....especially if it involves tools. She hit the pegs in with very little assistance!
Notice the skirt she is wearing. I made it following online instructions from someone's blog! I am making a few more too...this was my practice one but it turned out nice enough to actually wear in public. (I am so proud of myself for figuring out how to put that link in!!)
Wednesday Grandma had the day off so Karla and I got up and drove to Grandma's house for the day! We met Grandpa for lunch (at Chik Fil A). :) Then Karla played with Barbie's at Grandma's house, took a nap, played some more and then had her first tea party! I got to do some sewing while Karla napped (and played) and got some advice on a few sewing projects from a pro. :) Karla was so good in the car on the way there and back (1 1/2 hours each way).
Thursday we went to our usual Thursday morning bible study. Karla LOVES playing at church. There are two 14 year old girls that watch the kids and usually it is just Karla and one other kid, sometimes two. I think she likes it because she gets lots of attention. It is funny too because she is always SO tired when we leave at noon on Thursdays!
Thursday afternoon and Friday we took it easy. Then today I had several friends over to scrapbook!! It was great!!! I got a lot done too. Jason and Karla went to Lowe's (as they frequently do together) to pick up a few things and then went to Grammy and Pap-Pap's for most of the day. She was worn out again tonight. Life is just so much fun for her. :)
Tomorrow Karla and I are both getting our hair trimmed. This is only the second time we have taken Karla. Click herefor a reminder of the last haircut in December 2008. (Ha! another link!)
Anyway, we're going to the place I usually go to because it is buy one adult cut and get your child's cut half off. The only thing is we get our hair cut at the same time. Jason isn't going to be able to come with us so we'll see how it goes! Plus our appointment is at the time I usually put her in bed for a nap...this could be dangerous!
Pouring the tea...Karla was pretty good at it for never trying it before.
Helping put the cupcakes and cookies on a plate.
The ticker at the bottom of my blog tells me there are 24 days until Karla's birthday! AHHHH!!!!!
I was told today that I have not been blogging enough lately (Rachel). I will try to do better.
Rachel, I just realized I get to see you again on Friday! Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment