Saturday, October 24, 2009

Where is Dora?

**Of course, right after sending out Karla's DORA birthday party invitations she becomes interested in Barbie. I don't think I have seen Dora in a week or so...it has been MANY months since I could say that!!! She has an Ariel Barbie and one other Barbie plus a few Barbie movies, thanks to her Tia Beth. The dolls go everywhere with us - no, they haven't replaced Oso, nothing could do that. All she wants on TV is Barbie. The Barbie movies she really likes are musicals so I have Barbie musical songs going through my head most of the day...and Karla and I sing them together frequently. :)

**About two weeks ago when Karla put on her sweater that Nana Shirely made for her, she said Oso needed a sweater. I told her I would try to make one for him. Then I mentioned it to Shirley at church. Well, guess what Shirley made in a matter of days for Oso...a sweater! And it matches Karla's, of course.


Karla had to take a picture of Oso with me....she got me in the picture...often you just see my toe or legs. :)


**Karla and I spent quite a bit of time outside this week since the weather was warm and sunny (for 3 days in a row!) There were several times when we were having so much fun - I was telling myself to just remember those moments forever. One of these times was when we were on our way home from the store and it was so nice out I decided to take a spontaneous trip to the park. The park was packed! Everyone else had the same idea. There was an amphitheater off to one side of the park where no one else was so I suggested we go over there. We took turns singing and dancing on the stage (to Barbie songs). It was fun...and I didn't care if anyone heard or saw us! :) Karla really got into it too!! All she needed was her "big dress" to twirl in and it would have been perfect.

**Karla had two big boo-boos in the past week. A week ago Friday she fell down our steps. I was right behind her so I saw the whole thing and couldn't stop it...it was horrible. BUT Karla was okay after a few minutes. It took me longer to be okay. I couldn't believe she wasn't more hurt. She said the only thing that hurt was her head (it hit the hard floor at the bottom of the steps).

Then Thursday afternoon she was going up the ladder on her swing set and slid down around the side of the ladder from almost the top. Again, I saw the whole thing and it looked awful. It scraped up her stomach a lot. She cried for maybe a minute and then said "do again". It took me several minutes to feel calm again...and then I stood behind her every time she went up...even though she didn't like it.

**Friday our friends Rachel, Aidan, and Aaron came over. It was raining so we stayed inside. I think Karla and Aidan wanted to go out...

...actually they were just enthralled with the garbage truck going up the street and the ladybugs around the outside of the window.

No comments: