Last Sunday we went over to some friends' house for dinner and some playing. It is amazing how it was so cool that night and then it was so hot by Wednesday! Karla had fun using Isadora's jump rope (she was pretty good I must say). She's seen her cousins jumping rope before but never done it herself. She also learned to play duck-duck-goose. Isadora's dad took lots of pictures with his new camera. I was happy he did because he got some good ones! I want to post a lot but I'll have to upload the others to flickr sometime this weekend. :)

I haven't worked much on the potty training. She gets mad if we suggest sitting on the potty. However, she did sit and went pee-pee Monday night for Daddy! She's more likely/willing to try for him than me...
I discovered Karla is able to draw circles. Apparently Jason had seen this before but I hadn't. :)
We're still searching for a basic swing set. We just want something with 3-4 swings and a slide. Seems like you have to get that plus a clubhouse/treehouse thing with a rock wall, and all the accessories, etc. While that is all fun and fine, it isn't what we want. Several neighbors have big swing sets and we live close to at least 3 parks so we don't need it. Plus we have limited flat and dry yard space. PLUS swing set prices are (in my opinion) ridiculous! Have they always been that expensive? The other thing that is bothering me is that we are going to have to put one together probably or make our own...not really what I want Jason to have to do in the evenings or on weekends. Oh well. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them! :)
Last weekend we FINALLY put sand in a sand box we have had on our deck for 2 years. Karla loves it and can spend long amounts of time there.
Here is a picture I took at our playgroup Tuesday. We were hosting this week. All the moms were cleaning up and all of a sudden someone said, "Where are the kids?"
This is what we found:
They all quickly had found and went up the stairs. It is funny how that is where all little kids end up at our house. So of course I had to take a picture. It makes me so happy to see all these kids together! We were missing another little girl, two little boys, and two baby girls.
I feel like I'm enjoying all the "small" things in life this week: jump rope, pretending, friends, duck-duck-goose, sand, a full night's sleep, running outside, drawing circles and "squares", tracing anything you can think of with sidewalk chalk, multiple hours of sleep in a row at night (did I already say that??) and reading board books and nursery tales. Doesn't get much better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment