Thursday, May 7, 2009

Exceptional



Today I took Karla to the doctor so the doctor could make sure Karla wasn't wheezing anymore. (The doctor had asked me last week to bring her in this week for a check-up) Karla looked good and sounded good! Yeah! We'll continue the preventative medicine, Singulair, the nasal spray, and the Pulmicort (breathing treatment) each once a day and then see the allergist again at the beginning of June to assess how she is doing.

I think the doctor knew I was a speech therapist and she asked me asked me if I'd worked with children Karla's age. I was kind of wondering where the question was going. I told her yes and then she said "then you know she is exceptional, I don't have to tell you". It took a minute to register what she had said (I am sleep-deprived afterall). That made my day!! I felt my cheeks get really hot for some reason and I said, "well, I just thought that I thought she was exceptional because she was my daughter." The doctor said "no, Karla is a very good listener and a model patient." She also said she knew I might not agree with that during a tantrum but she was very well behaved whenever the doctor sees her. I had to agree that Karla is a good listener the majority of the time. If only she'd sleep.... I guess she can't be perfect. :)

The sleep was better last week then (since I mentioned it in my blog) the past few nights have not been good at all. I'll write about our "strategies" sometime when I am not concerned (too much) with how much sleep I will be getting in the upcoming night. Still have to go clean the kitchen...

Tonight when Jason got home we gave Karla a gift from Grandma and Grandpa. She LOVES it! She calls it her car and it got to park in the garage with Mommy and Daddy's cars for the night! There was crying involved when it was time to come in for the night. I'm glad she liked it though! Jason and I were excited to give it to her. We've had it since Sunday and were waiting until we were both home with Karla to give it to her. It has been a busy week!

The little stinker refuses to look at me whenever I have the camera!!

Yes, I know I am not supposed to go in the street....I'm just making sure the rule still applies when I am driving my car.

No comments: