This is the happiest Mother's Day I've had in...well, probably 5 years! :)
Karla just pee-peed on the potty for the first time minutes ago. I am shaking a little bit because I wanted to be all happy and excited for her (and I was) but inside I am sad at the same time. All these milestones are good and I am thankful for them...never really expected them to be a little sad too!!! Jason is up giving her a bath so I have time to recover..and blog.
Pee-pee is not the reason I had a good mother's day though. :) I am SOO thankful to have Karla!
We went to church, out to lunch, took a nap (yeah!)and then played outside. The day went fast!
I had told Jason earlier this evening that I might start focusing on potty training tomorrow because we don't have much planned this week. I have felt for a few weeks that if I just put some effort into it - Karla could do it. I have been procrastinating for a variety of reasons. Guess I better do it for sure now!
I know there are a few mothers that read my blog that do not yet have their baby in their arms either due to adoption or fertility issues. I don't think I'll ever forget what it is like to go through a Mother's Day when my baby wasn't with me. I want you to know that I think about you and pray for you all the time! People used to tell me that all the waiting would be worth. I can finally agree! "Stand firm in the faith...be strong" 1 Corinthians 16:13, "...run the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus..." Hebrews 12:1-2.
On a different note - Karla looked so cute in her outfit this morning. I had seen it before it was warm outside and actually was able to make myself wait to buy it when it went on sale! They still had her size too. :) Hopefully she'll cooperate for a better shot next time she wears it.
A special "Happy Mother's Day" to my Mom, Mom-in-law, grandmas, and aunts!!!
1 comment:
So happy for you this mother's day! Glad it was special. And I love Karla's skirt (or is it a dress?) - it's so pretty!
Thanks for your words & encouragement. It's such a shame that such a holiday that's meant to be happy is so sad for many of us...
Post a Comment