After her first church service, we got home and she asked me very seriously, "Why didn't we drink grape juice like blood at church today?" She was very disappointed that she didn't get a drink during the church service. She was talking about communion. We've talked about it a few times at home but I guess she has seen people setting up communion at church to know that we have done it when she was back in the toddler room! It was so funny because she was truly disappointed and I was trying to explain and not crack up at the same time. She is really going to be disappointed when she realizes she won't be taking communion with Daddy and me until she is older! We'll see how the service goes that day.
*Karla had her 4 year old well visit the week after her birthday. She is right on track!
*Another change that has come with being 4 is that Karla doesn't always nap anymore. This change has been happening for a while but after her birthday, on some days, I tell her she doesn't have to nap, just stay in her room until a timer goes off so she can have some "quiet time." She LOVES not having to take a nap and happily stays in her room for the allotted time. I'm hoping this lasts. :) The only tricky thing is that she gets tired pretty early in the evenings. That can be a challenge for everyone especially if we have something to do later in the day. The nice thing is she is in bed much earlier and I feel like I can get things done, relax, or spend more time with Jason than when she was staying up later.
*I never really blogged about Thanksgiving. The above picture is Karla proudly showing off her plate of food. She tried new things and ate a lot that day! She seemed to catch on that on Thanksgiving you eat LOTS of food. We had 11 people at our house, including the 3 of us. We've hosted for several years now and I feel like this year was the smoothest/easiest. I felt pretty relaxed the entire day which was nice! It is always nice to spend time with family. That is what I was/am thankful for - FAMILY! The Saturday after Thanksgiving we got together with even more family in Ohio at a restaurant followed by time at my mom and dad's house. That was lots of fun too! I hardly saw Karla all afternoon because she was off playing with her cousins in the basement or in a closet. My parents have a closet in one of the bedrooms that is pretty "interesting" that the girls LOVE to play in. I can't really describe the closet so I'll just have to take a picture sometime. Here is a picture of Karla relaxing on the couch on the Sunday after all of our Thanksgiving fun. She and I both took a long nap that day!
*My little girl isn't feeling well this week. She had asthma troubles on Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully she seems to be getting better and didn't require any extra breathing treatments yesterday. I hate it when she is sick! I feel so bad for her and there isn't much I can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment